November 6, 2014

Exciting News!

I wanted to share some exciting news this morning. Craig and I finally found an apartment!
Now we used to live in an apartment together for about 5 years. We had some issues with the place and wanted out so we made a decision to leave there and come stay with my mother for a few months to save a bunch of money and find a new better place.
We've been here for about 8 months now and it has been extremely hard saving money. Not because there's a lack of it and not because we have to pay it all out. We're paying next to nothing compared to our other apartment. The only reason is because we've been spending. We went a little crazy having all that extra money we just spent.
We did have a little put away though and thank god we did because about a week and a half ago Craig came to pick me up at work and told me he was driving down a little back street ( one he doesn't take too often) and saw a for rent sign in the window. I asked him to take me up to see it. I was interested right away because it was in a house! A one bedroom in a house! We've only ever lived in a building with 15 other apartments in it.
Craig seemed hesitant about it and said he wasn't sure he'd like it. I, however, couldn't stop thinking about it. I got to work the next day and told my co-worker about it and she said we have to call! So my boss drove up to the apartment and wrote the number down for me.
We called and the landlord said it was being re-carpeted at the moment and didn't want to show anyone yet. By the end of the phone call he agreed to let us come see it the next day! I was so excited! The best part is, the rent is only $650 a month with heat and hot water included. That's very cheap for a house apartment around here!
We went to view it and loved it! He asked us if we really wanted it, we said yes, he said it was ours! He was going to cancel the rest of his appointments for it.
We're so excited to have our own space again. Its a pretty old house so there is going to be a lot of work to do but thats okay.
Our move in day is December 1st. I'll share more about it then.


BYE!


You can follow me on Bloglovin if you like!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding an apartment. Hope you'll have fun and make a lot of lovely memories.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It should be fun!

    ReplyDelete