December 20, 2014

Swirly Shortbreads


I just finished making these swirly shortbreads! I think they turned out alright for my first try! 


How to make these:

You can find my shortbread recipe here. I always use the same recipe.

Now you have to make two separate batches. One regular and then with the other batch, you add food coloring. Whichever color you like. I used red but they came out more of a pinkish color! Oh well.

Lay your first batch of dough out on parchment paper. Stretch it out. Then lay your new colored dough on top of the first dough. ( I should have taken pictures but I was in a rush! Sorry!)

Carefully carry the parchment paper to your fridge and lay it in the freezer.

I left mine in there for about an hour.

Take it out and let it sit for a few minutes.

Now for the tricky part. You have to roll your dough. I couldn't get mine off of the parchment paper and rolled without having it break apart in places. When you try this you will get frustrated and want to throw it all away, don't do that! lol

So I started to roll my dough with the parchment paper still under it. I rolled it into a tubular shape and then I carefully peeled the parchment paper off of the dough. 

Miraculously I got all of the paper off while keeping it together- for the most part.
The end pieces I kind of had to squish it all together.




Don't worry though, if you can't get it to roll at all, just mash your two colored doughs together and it'll have a nice marble look to it!

Just follow the rest of my cooking instructions on my recipe post! 



I love shortbread cookies! What are your favorite kinds of cookies?

10 comments:

  1. Wow these look amazing! Making me feel so hungry! haha

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos ! :)
    www.blog017.blogspot.com
    Kisses from Poland ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yum! I really love shortbread, I find I can just eat and eat it until I have pretty much devoured the whole plate so these can be dangerous. I love the idea of mixing the two together, they look so much more exciting! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shortbreads too! They're definitely my favorite cookie!
      I made two batches last night and they are completely gone today! Half went to a party and the other half my brother ate lol!

      Delete
  4. Shortbread cookies are so good and these looks delicious! I've always wanted to make some homemade shortbread cookies, thanks for linking your recipe!


    plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I hope you enjoy them! :)

      Delete