January 28, 2015

90's Kid | Childhood Movies

There is one thing I often think about that I am truly grateful for. Being a 90s kid.
The 90s were the absolute best years. We had the best toys, the best clothes, the best snacks, and of course...the best movies.

Being a huge movie buff I'm constantly trying to find something really good to watch. I always catch myself saying....I wish they made movies like they did when we were kids.

Now usually when you think about things that were just AMAZING when you were little, they tend to end up kind of dumb once you find them again.

HERE IS A LIST OF 7 MOVIES FROM MY CHILDHOOD THAT I STILL LOVE AND WATCH TODAY


DENNIS THE MENACE

Just the first one. The second one isn't so great. I have probably seen this movie 100 times. It never gets old.
Does anyone else still die laughing when Dennis gets his hair stuck in the vacuum?


















HALLOWEENTOWN 

This movie.
Honestly, since its release in 1998 I don't think I've ever missed a Halloween watching this.
It brings me back to being a kid and I get lost in the wonder that is Halloween Town.
Last Christmas Craig bought me Halloween Town 1-3 as a set.
Best. Present. Ever.















IT TAKES TWO

The olsen twins were my childhood! I think every movie they've ever made was incredible! This one was by far my favorite though.




















MR. NANNY

If you've never seen this movie. Please do!
You wont regret it, I promise.





















THE ADDAMS FAMILY

My love for the strange and unusual didn't stop at Halloweentown. Who doesn't love the Addams Family!?
Addams Family Values was another really good one. My sister and I loved it so much that when my mother was pregnant for my brother...we begged her to name him Pubert.
















BABYS DAY OUT

Such a cute and funny movie! I can't tell you how many times i've watched this.




















3 NINJAS

Me and my sister loved this movie so much, we had our mom rent it for us at least 4 times a week.
I wish I were joking about that.
Its not so bad considering it only cost about 50 cents to rent a movie back then and the store was just across the street from us.
Rocky, Colt and Tum Tum will forever have my little child sized heart.















SOME HONOURABLE MENTIONS I CAN'T FORGET:
Caspar
Jungle 2 Jungle
Richie Rich
Jack

I hope you enjoyed reading this! I had fun looking back at old movies I love! Let me know if you've ever even heard of these and tell me some of your absolute favorite childhood movies!!

12 comments:

  1. Dennis the Menace is definitely at the top of my list!! I also like Matilda and Richie Rich! :)

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matilda YES!! I often quote that movie haha

      Delete
  2. This was so nostalgic! I love Dennis the Menace and it takes two! Was slightly obsessed with Mary Kate and Ashley as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! haha Loved the Olsen twins!

      Delete
  3. DENNIS THE MENACE!!! I loved that movie so much, and like Joanna I also loved Matilda. The Adams Family is awesome too. What a lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Matilda was awesome!
      & thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh I love this! My favorite was It Takes Two! Denise the Menise is such a classic. Thanks for bringing back some great memories :-)

    Natalie // Sprinkled with Peals

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these movies!!! especially Halloween Town <3

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloweentown is my all time fave!!

    ReplyDelete