January 10, 2015

Back update!

On Monday I posted about my back pain.
I received the results from my x-rays on Thursday.


So I can't say all of the big fancy words doctors use but to make it simpler, I have a small fracture on my L5 and S1. Its called a pars defect of the lumbar spine.

I'm actually quite pleased with this news. Although the doctor told me theres pretty well nothing I can do about it, he also said its probably not going to get any worse. 

He told me these types of fractures are quite common....with people who are gymnasts.  :|

The one thing he told me I can do, is to really strengthen my core.

By that he meant tightened abs and a strong back.
The bigger and stronger the muscles surrounding my spine are, the better they can hold the spine in place and hopefully someday repair its self.

As much as it sucks to have a fractured spine, I feel like this is whats going to motivate me to actually change my lifestyle and lose the weight and get fit.

Because now its not just for the sake of me wanting to lose weight. Its all about my health now.


So I was thinking about doing a few posts here and there regarding my weight loss/ getting fit journey.

Maybe.



I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that they can't do anything about it. Strenghtening your core is really important, I would be really interested in fitness updates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its all good! I'm kind of excited to work on myself a little! :)

      Delete