January 16, 2015

Flashback Friday #16

February 2009

Little day trip to Mahone Bay




Looking through this batch of old pictures for my flashback post made me realize something.
Getting older sucks.

I don't know if this applies to everyone but it seems like once you're finished of school you kind of let yourself go. I don't mean drastically. It just seems like you don't care how you look as much.

Here are some thoughts that run through my mind whenever I look at older pictures of myself:

I wish I was still that size!

Why can't my hair go like that again?

Why does my makeup look so much better!?

Did I forget how to do my hair and makeup?

What size were those jeans!? That's never gonna happen again.

I feel like I was happier back then. And the reason for that is simple.
I felt better about myself.

I've noticed a huge decline in the amount of pictures I used to be apart of compared to now. I hate getting in pictures.

Have any of you ever had the same or similar thoughts to what I have?
I'm sure some of you do.

There's only one thing we can do:
Make ourselves feel better!

If you've gained weight over the years, change your eating habits, exercise. Even if its only 3 times a week, a little goes a long way!

If you're unsatisfied with your hair maybe its time for a change. A new haircut or maybe even a new color could make you feel like a million bucks!

Same goes for makeup! Maybe all it takes is a new shade of lipstick to brighten yourself up!

I've personally been working on all of these things lately.

So lets stop crying over how we used to look and start focusing on what we still are and could potentially be!


Happy Friday!
Thanks for reading! :)

14 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I realise I am unhappy with myself when I stop taking part in pictures!
    Why is weight so easy to put on and not to easy to lose?

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know the answer to that!

      Delete
  2. I love this series! I think you are beautiful now as you are too! I am the same way though, I beat myself up about my image right now. Before I used to be so fit and slim and happy with my body, and then a couple of things happened (depression, birth control and alcohol) and I started gaining the weight. I am at my heaviest right now, and I HATE getting in pictures. I mean i DESPISE IT. I feel so ugly and fat it gets me down. Looking in the mirror is so hard, I am nearly left crying 9 times out of 10. I really need to get my ass in gear and make some lifestyle changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Miriam!! Why do we do this to ourselves? I can tell you, you are stunning! You're definitely not ugly!!
      Im with you on the lifestyle changes!! Time to feel better!

      Delete
  3. You were beautiful then, and you're beautiful now!

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I've never seen this idea before and I love it!
    xxx
    www.m0llymay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete