January 5, 2015

One of those days..

I wasn't planning on posting today. Mostly because I had a pretty horrible day and just didn't feel like doing anything. I wasn't interested in looking at my blog or any others for that matter.
I certainly didn't plan on actually writing about my day.

As the day went on I started feeling better and I thought, why not post about my day?
That's the thing about blogging. People tend to write happy posts. Only showing others the good that happens in their lives. People are generally attracted to the happiness of others.
But that's not real life.

So here it goes..


I'll start by telling you about my back. 
In March of 2014 my boyfriend and I moved out of our apartment. We didn't have anyone around on this day to help us so we did it all ourselves. To make the story short, I pulled something in my back while moving the couch. It hurt for a couple of days but I just passed it off as a pulled muscle. 
After moving we went to stay with my mother. We had to sleep on a futon. If you ever had to sleep on a futon..you feel my pain. So mix sleeping on a really uncomfortable futon with some heavy lifting I have to do at work and the result is a back that keeps getting worse. 

Fast forward to December. We finally move out!! We buy a really nice brand new bed set. I figure my troubles are over because I finally have a real bed to sleep on. 
Wrong.

For some reason my back just gets worse and worse. At this point I can't bend over to pick anything up.  I can't even dry my legs off once I'm out of the shower. The pain shooting down my right butt cheek and leg is unbearable.

This weekend it was really bad. The pain, no matter which way I tried to sleep just wouldn't subside. Which was causing me to feel tired all day, every day. 
This morning I got up to get ready for work. With pains shooting down my leg again and my foot feeling tingly..I just couldn't take it anymore.

I had a full on meltdown. I cried and cried. 
 You're probably wondering why I didn't go get checked out by a doctor long ago?
I have no good reason for that. Other then the fact that I hate going to doctors and hospitals. I also tend to keep things to myself. I never let on to how much pain I'm actually feeling. I feel like, if you just let it go, the pain will eventually go. 

So I had to call my boss to let her know what was going on and of course I'm already a blubbering mess so I'm crying my eyes out while talking to her. Which is making me feel kind of embarrassed to go in to work tomorrow. 
I had Craig come home from work to take me to the hospital. 
We spent 3 hours waiting at the clinic.
Another hour getting x-rayed at the hospital.
Got a  new bottle of anti-inflammatory pills.
And physiotherapy appointments will be coming soon.

Now I wait. I have another doctors appointment Thursday to see the results of my x-rays.

So thats whats got me down today. Also our furnace broke earlier and its absolutely freezing out tonight. Its temporarily fixed for tonight so thats good. Also these pills have taken a significant amount of pain away so I'm thrilled about that.


Sorry if this post is too "Debbie Downer" 
I just wanted to share a little about what's been going on in my life.

Tomorrow will be a better day :)


12 comments:

  1. Aww. Hopefully you'll recover soon! The x-ray results will be fine.
    And yes, tomorrow will be a better day!
    Get well sooner!

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope whatever it is, its an easy fix!

      Delete
  2. Renee you poor thing! I really wish I could help. A similar thing happened to my boyfriend and he had to see a chiropracter a couple of times a week for a couple of months. You really need to rest. I wish I had a magic spell or something to help you, but for now I just have words. I hope you get better asap, and that your furnace gets fixed asap too (things always go wrong at the same time don't they?!?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things come in pairs! Oh well, I finally got my butt in gear and went to see a doctor. Thats the first step :) Apparently resting is the worst thing to do, she said I need to stay as active as possible. Which kind of sucks because I'm so tired all the time lol
      Sorry about your boyfriend!! Is his back better now?

      Delete
    2. Wow really? I heard that with back injuries you should rest to prevent further injury, everyone has their own theories though I guess, I hope staying active helps you! My boyfriend is okay now, still not 100%, nothing a good massage doesn't help :)

      Delete
    3. That's what I've heard as well! Although my mother also has a lot of back problems and she always tells me she keeps walking to help her feel better! So who knows!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your back! It sounds awful :(
    I hope you start to feel better soon!
    xx
    thelifeofhales.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your back :( Hope you feel better soon, hun!

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope you feel better! It's so hard to have back pain because it effects everything!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. I feel like i'm 70 years old some days!

      Delete