January 13, 2015

Ten on Tuesday | Good Deeds

I don't know about you, but when I do something nice for someone I generally feel really good about myself. Not just doing or saying something to get recognition. I actually love making others feel happy.
I personally know someone who would give anybody the world. She has literally taken the shirt off of her back once. The only problem is, she wants about 5000 pats on the back from everyone around her.

Here's a list of ten good things you can do for someone without gaining any recognition for them. These are just for YOU. To let you feel happy from the happiness of others!

1. Leave a really nice note on the windshield of someones car

2. Pay for the next person in lines order when going through a drive-thru

3. Pick a good cause and donate however much you can

4. Put extra change in a parking meter for someone if you notice its getting low

5. Pick up any trash you see lying around

6. Donate blood

7. Go through all of your old clothing and books and donate to a local Salvation Army.

8. When you're out early in the morning shovelling snow from your driveway, head over and shovel your neighbours as well

9. Leave a very nice tip for your waiter at a restaurant, leave before they see it!

10. Smile at everyone you pass for a day. Smiling is contagious! You just might make someones day!


I hope you enjoyed reading this! Go out and do something nice today!




16 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! Such little deeds that barely take any time, but can make someone else's day!!

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Its the little things that count!

      Delete
  2. Wow Renee, this is my favourite post of yours by far. It's so sweet, cheerful and amazing, and in turn you not only make someone else smile, but you make someone else smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Miriam! I've been feeling pretty happy lately so I just let it reflect in this post I guess!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! So simple you could do them without even thinking about it!

      Delete
  4. I just adore this idea. Your friend sounds conflicted -- kind but wants recognition for it. Tipping your server well can make his/her night. I know, I used to serve.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think doing it around Christmas time would be best!

      Delete
  5. You're so right-- doing great things like this can lift our own spirits. It's unexpected but so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this! It's so nice to do things for other people and the feeling of internal happiness you get is always a mega bonus!
    xx Haley
    thelifeofhales.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! love your blog, was wondering if you could check mine out and maybe f4f, just let me know over on my blog heleenakhela.blogspot.co.uk thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check yours out soon!

      Delete
  8. great list, I should do more of this
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete