January 20, 2015

Ten on Tuesday | Stress


Today I wanted to talk about stress. 
Everyone feels stress at some point in their lives but there are certain times when all you do is stress. It could be something going on in your personal life or at work. I'm telling you, stress is a killer.

Common habits caused by stress include:

Eating terrible food
Constantly obsessing over things you cannot change
Trouble sleeping
Constant venting
& just feeling completely overwhelmed with everything

It affects every part of you. Your mind, your body.

Here is a list of 10 simple things you can do to try and eliminate stress:

1. Learn to say NO. I have a hard time with this one myself. Sometimes I feel bad if I say no to someone but the reality is, if its someone who constantly gets you to do something, chances are they know they're taking advantage of you and they just don't care. So, for the sake of your own sanity say No every once in a while.

2. Allow time for yourself. Go home, turn off your phone, run a hot bubble bath and read for a while ( or at least until you turn pruney from the water.)

3. Change your eating habits. I know how easy it is to run home feeling stressed and crave that chocolate bar you have sitting in the cupboard. While it may make you feel good for a moment while eating it, you'll probably feel 10 times worse later on. Grab some good food. When your body feels good, you tend to feel good too.

4. Watch your favorite show or movie. Relax and get lost in the drama of others. Fake drama from a tv show, Even better!

5. Exercise. I know the last thing you want to think about when you're feeling stressed is getting all sweaty and out of breath. The truth is, exercising produces good endorphins which actually can make you feel happier! To try and eliminate stress for the day, put in a good workout exercise before you go to work. Trust me on this one.  

6. Go for a walk. Getting some fresh air can really help. You don't even have to walk..just go OUT. If whatever is stressing you is connected to your home life, stepping away for a while can make a huge difference.

7. Take a nap. After you have that nice hot bath we talked about earlier, go lay down. Maybe all you really needed was an extra hour or 2 of sleep.

8. Chat with a friend/relative. Call up your friend or your sister or your mother. Someone you feel comfortable talking to. Someone who doesn't mind listening for a while and usually comes up with something helpful to say. Remember, just talk about what you're feeling, try not to vent.

9. Go shopping. I know this only applies if you have the extra funds. But if you do, try a little retail therapy. I know for myself just walking around a store by myself looking makes me feel pretty calm. It also doesn't hurt to buy yourself something every now and then.

10. Last but certainly not least, Cry. If you're feeling overwhelmed and like you want to burst out crying, Do it. Holding it in only makes it worse. You'll feel so much better once you get it all out.


I hope these tips may have helped you a little if you're feeling stressed.
Let me know some other things you like to do when you're stressed out!

28 comments:

  1. These are great tips, Renee. I get stressed very easily and find that eating a healthier diet and getting enough sleep really help alleviate it. Thank you for sharing! xx

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Stress sneaks up so quickly on you!
      & Your welcome :) Happy to help even a little bit!

      Delete
  2. These are great quotes, and it really is true--sometimes you just need to cry

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all excellent tips, although the greatest one would have to be exercise. I am such a supporter of daily workouts as they can help in all areas of life.. and most notably with stress! :)

    aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great suggestions!!! I need to learn to say no more often 😄.

    Xo,
    Miranda

    Thechicstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great tips. I think a lot of it is that if you are stressed is looking after yourself and cutting yourself a bit of slack!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, looking after yourself is #1!

      Delete
  6. These are great points Renee, some are so simple, but easy to forget when in the mist of a stressful day! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to all of these! Also, drinking adequate amounts of water can make a huge difference in your mood. Love your blog! :)

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? I never knew that! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  8. I'm always stressed out. Stress is my middle name. I don't even know why I'm always stressed out.

    Kind regards,
    www.loyaltofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First thing to do is find the cause of stress! I hope you figure it out soon so you can start feeling better! :)

      Delete
  9. Great article! These are such good tips!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com/2015/01/all-black-everything.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some essential pointers. I took a whole stress management course in university & I never knew what affect it has on our daily & long term life. Crying can absolutely help -- although it may sound counterproductive.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly can. I know I have some days where all I feel like doing is crying. I usually feel a lot better once I have a good cry!

      Delete
  11. These are really, really great tips!! And you're right. Sometimes, you just need a good cry!

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always find that going on a power walk helps me
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Going for a walk really really helps me when I'm stressed! Such a life saver!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are some pretty awesome tips! I particularly love the idea of some retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete