January 17, 2015

The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



Today I made these delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a hint of cinnamon and maple.
I've never made oatmeal cookies before but I must say, these turned out incredibly well!
These cookies aren't dairy free but there isn't a lot of dairy in them, just the small amount of milk thats found in the chocolate chips. I always use Vegan margarine when I bake/cook.

What you'll need:

1 cup vegan margarine softened ( I use Becel)  

1 cup of brown sugar

1/2 cup of white sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon of maple extract

1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon of baking powder

3 cups of oats

1 bag of chocolate chips


Directions:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Beat margarine (butter), brown sugar and white sugar in a bowl until its creamy. Add in the eggs and maple extract. Mix ingredients.

In a separate bowl mix flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir this mix into your butter mixture. Make sure there are not clumps.

Gradually add your oats. ( I added about 1 cup at a time)

Add chocolate chips. ( You can add however many you like, I put a little more then half of a 300g bag.)

Scoop 1 to 2 tablespoons of batter onto cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Take out and let cool.

I made 21 cookies out of this batch.


I hope you enjoyed this! If you love oatmeal cookies you have to try these! They're delicious!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm probably going to bake these tomorrow! I'm a sucker for cookies, especially oatmeal cookies haha

    Happy Since 95 | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you like them!! They're definitely my new favorite cookie.

      Delete
  2. I'm so going to try this! They look so good! Why can't I have some now?? :P
    Great post Renee

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! They honestly take like 10 minutes to make and 10 minutes to bake! So easy!

      Delete
  3. It's really funny because when I was younger I HATED oatmeal cookies, but now I find the taste so homey and comforting.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt really like oatmeal either, especially oatmeal raisin-which I still don't like lol But I absolutely Love oatmeal chocolate chip!

      Delete
  4. these look so delicious, definetely going to try :)
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm these look so good! I love baking cookies but never make oatmeal ones, I need to try next time for sure x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I never feel quite as guilty eating a bunch of oatmeal cookies lol

      Delete