February 17, 2015

DO YOU LIKE WHO YOU ARE?

On one hand I...

-am shy
-hold the title for being the most stubborn creature you'll ever meet
-often let people walk all over me
-can become crazy cranky in the snap of a finger
-am terrible at consoling people when they're sad
-am incredibly awkward in social situations
-feel sad sometimes for no apparent reason
-eat junk food way too much
-hate my nose
-don't really like the sound of my voice


But on the other hand I...

-am kind 
-give the best lingering hugs ever
-speak up when I see someone being treated unfairly
-try to see the good in people
-can be quite funny at times
-give my all to those I love
-am extremely weird. and I love it
-still see the magic and wonder in everything
-like my hair
-like my loud sometimes obnoxious laugh


This is who I am. The good and the bad. And I like me.

No two people are the same. As humans we tend to focus more on the bad qualities we have then the good which often leads to us comparing ourselves to others. I think thats the worst thing we can do to ourselves- compare. Why should you make yourself feel terrible because you aren't as skinny as her? Or popular? Or you aren't as funny as that person? You shouldn't. You shouldn't because you're perfect just the way you are. We all are. Every single person is unique and thats the best gift any of us could ever receive.
And the greatest gift you could ever give to yourself- is self-love.
Loving yourself will help you learn to appreciate everything you are.

So let's stop comparing ourselves to others and beating ourselves up and just be happy.


DO YOU LIKE WHO YOU ARE?










20 comments:

  1. What a genuinely beautiful post Renee, I love how you listed the good in yourself, something that I don't see many people do, but I encourage. I think that we have even more in common now. I was reading your list and thinking "yep, that's me"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miriam! I wish more people could see the good in themselves.

      Delete
  2. The best advice I was ever given and have ever given was to be kind and gentle and forgiving to yourself. Great post.
    http://twentywho.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blog design, and great post people should love themselves for who they are and not try to be like other people, everone is unique. I love who I am wouldn't want to be anyone else, I have everything that makes me happy.

    Meme xx


    New blog post out now
    'The I Quit Sugar Hairy Dieters Recipe Books'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a lovely post to read Renee <3

    Carolyn x
    http://carolynssimplelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post! Great reminder to us all to love ourselves :)

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. I do love myself.
    They said before being happy with something else, you must be happy on your own :)
    XO
    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me awhile and a lot of growing up, but I can say with confidence that I do love who I am! I am so glad you have such a healthy approach to self-love!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post has made my day.<3
    You sound like a wonderful person. :)
    Even I sometimes have my awkward/ weird moments. Hahaha


    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, im glad I could make your day!!
      Thank you very much :)

      Delete
  9. This post is so creative and fun to read. Great job.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really awesome post and you're so right about what comparison does to us! We're all unique and the best gift is truly self-love :)

    ReplyDelete