February 2, 2015

February Update

Hello everyone! 

I just wanted to make a little post updating you on whats been going on in my life lately.

First, I'd just like to tell you that we're in the midst of a storm here.


Doesn't look like much of a storm from the picture but I swear its snowing as I type this. We got to leave work early today and there's a chance it might be cancelled tomorrow! Its funny because last Tuesday was also a snow day! Fingers crossed.



As you may or may not know, Craig will be building the majority of furniture for our apartment. This is one reason why its taking quite a while to get things finished here. It takes a lot of time and money ( which we do not have a lot of) to build everything yourself. 
Saturday morning we sat down and stained the wood for our dvd shelf he is currently working on! I think its going to turn out pretty great :)



We bought a new comforter set! 
We had just boughten a new one when we first moved in but when I washed it, the inside cotton became all balled up and to say the least, it was ruined. I was a little sad at first because I really liked it BUT I found this one the other day and fell in love. 
Its got pastel stripes and it makes the room seem so much brighter! 
My mind just races with all of the new ideas I have for our bedroom! I love decorating. 

I know I told you I would do apartment updates once I have everything finished but its just taking soo long. I'm setting a goal for myself to have one room completely finished this month. 


Onto the fitness update

To say its not going so good is an understatement. One of my goals for this year is to lose 15lbs and get fit. Its not just something I want, its something I need to do for my back. 
The past 3 weeks I was eating better (most days) and I was exercising (a little) and for a week now I've not been eating past 7 oclock. I didn't lose a darn thing. I'm not surprised really. Like I said, I haven't been doing nearly as much as I know I should. 

But that changes today. 

I'm going to keep a food diary and write down everything I eat. 
I'm going to drink at least 6 cups of water a day
I will exercise at least 5 times a week
I will have one cheat day a week that I will allow myself some kind of treat

I was thinking on doing a small fitness update post every Saturday. I dont know, we'll see.


What have you been up to these last few weeks?


14 comments:

  1. Great blog post :)

    Lovely blog :)

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ <-- new post about skin care would love to know your thoughts

    have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on all the furniture building; I'm sure it will all turn out and you'll love your home!
    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you want to know what it's all about check out my most recent post; I think it's a fun way to reach out and get to know fellow bloggers!
    http://www.amandazavatchan.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check that out now! :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I lived somewhere where it snows! I also love the comforter set :) Hope you have a lovely week Renee.

    www.kelsabelle.com



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is beautiful, but too much of it sucks sometimes haha
      Thank you very much! I hope you have a great week also! :)

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of snow in the first photograph:D
    All the best with your health plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great update! How exciting that you guys are building your own things. That is great :) When it comes to fitness, well done for making little changes and although you might not be happy with the results so far, don't let it discourage you, I believe in you :) I have been walking everyday, not much, but at least 2 miles a day, and eating more fruit and veg, I'll start doing more hardcore workouts on Wednesday. I've been doing so bad about keeping my food diary lately, I used to be so good at it. I would love to see some updates, I think it would get me motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much! :) Walking everyday is great!! I wish I could motivate myself to get out and walk everyday!

      Delete
  6. Crazy, it does look like you have a lot of snow based on that photo
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's definitely been snowing a lot lately (loving it)! And I think it's really cool you're building your own furniture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been! & thanks! It takes a little time but it'll be worth it! :)

      Delete