February 7, 2015

Fitness Update #1



Well, week 1 is complete. This week was so bad I don't feel like I should even be writing a post about it! But I will. Only because I know I'm going to have these kinds of weeks every now and then and its okay..i'm only human.
So here's what I did in terms of fitness this week. Or should I say, what I didn't do.

-I've done zero exercise. I'm not joking. Isn't that terrible!? I walk to work everyday but honestly, I live like 4 minutes away from work. So that doesn't count.

-I've been eating after 7pm. I did so well the week before and this week I didn't even think about it.

-I haven't been drinking nearly enough water! I have to make myself drink water. I need to work on that.

-The one thing I actually did stick to was my food diary. I wrote down every single thing I ate each day. I didn't lie or try to "cheat". I wrote down every bad thing I've eaten. And let me tell you, that one cheat day I gave myself for each week, turned into everyday. Not a day passed that I didn't have some kind of junk. It didn't help that I made a huge batch of delicious blonde brownies.

As for the weigh in- I have actually gone up a pound. Boo.

For the most part this is my fault- i know. But I'm also going to put a little bit of blame onto the fact that its that time of the month. A little TMI.
I always bloat during this time and always suffer from what I like to call bottomless pit syndrome. You know what I mean. You can eat until you explode and nothing seems to fill you!

Even though this week was pretty bad, I was conscious of everything I was doing regarding my weight and I've actually realized something. I comfort eat. I never noticed it before but when I got thinking about it, I was like wow! I can't believe how often I do that!

Wednesday was the day I actually realized this because I was having the most terrible day at work. Nothing was going right, every little thing was making me frustrated, I was stressed. The one thing that popped into my head was...I can't wait to go home and eat a piece of brownie.
In my sad state of mind, that brownie was the thing that was going to make me feel better. When I actually thought about it I was shocked at myself. I noticed I eat when Im angry, sad, stressed and especially when i'm bored. I am a comfort eater.

This is not something I want for myself and quite honestly I don't know what to do about it.

Take it one day at a time I suppose. Any tips you might have on how to control this would be so helpful!

Here's to a better week!

10 comments:

  1. try lemon in your water!!!
    it worked for me. i used to haaate drinking water and i tried that it got me really in to it!
    now, wherever i go, i always only ask for water and i usually have have several cups.

    i like that you can also infuse them with berries and mint leaves and other things.
    also, buy yourself a nice water bottle designated just for that. i have no idea why but at work drinking water from a regular cup weirds me out. having a designated (cute) bottle just for water helps out a lot!

    and dont beat yourself up!
    youre making yourself do this! youre already one step ahead!

    good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had lemon water a few times- although its usually a hot lemon water. I'll definitely try it cold though! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  2. I always found it hard to drink water too but now I know I like really cold water so I just keep bottles stocked in the fridge! As for the comfort eating, I think you have done the best bit which is to realise that is a habit of yours, therefore next time you feel that way - try to reframe and think of what else you can do to feel better. Good luck! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know EXACTLY what you mean about T.O.M I get SO bloated, I look like I'm 8 months pregnant, and I eat like there's no tomorrow. That's how I know I'm going to get it, I eat everything and anything. Have you got a workout programme planned? Or what kind of exercise do you want to stick to? Food diaries are great, I've been keeping one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have the Jillian Michaels beginner workout and I really like it but its a little hard on my back. So I was taking breaks from it and then just stopped altogether. I have other workout dvds though that I could try. Other then that I dont really know what to do!

      Delete
    2. Pinterest is a great place to find inspiration. You can find full body workouts, or workouts that target a certain area. Have you got a bicycle? It's such a good way to exercise :)

      Delete
    3. I never even thought to look on pinterest! I did have an exercise bike but I ended up giving it to my mother, we didn't have the room for it here!

      Delete
  4. I always love reading about fitness journeys. At all stages, people have similar struggles and it’s amazing to see that eventually you get over those hurdles. I've been on my fitness journey for the past 6 months, losing 23 lbs, and here are a few things I've done to help. First, put a large glass of water by your bedside so that when you wake up, this is the first thing you do: drink that glass of water. Drinking a glass in the morning helps greatly boost your metabolism along with a bunch of other benefits. Second, it’s nearly impossible to stop cold turkey with anything and fitness is included. Set mini goals and gradually make your way up. For example, instead of saying I’m going to workout everyday, get yourself to workout 2 times a week. You won’t be down on yourself because these will be realistic goals you can complete. Finally, consider each meal it’s own entity; try not to bulk the day or even week into one moment. What I mean is that if you do poorly at lunch, don’t throw the rest of the day away and say “start tomorrow.” I was horrible at this but eventually realized that if I have a cookie with my lunch, it’s okay just have a healthier dinner or a more intense workout. This way of thinking I think had such a positive impact on how I viewed food and weight loss. Sorry for such a long comment but hope some of these tips help and can be easily applied. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! These are really great tips! Hopefully this week goes a little bit better for me haha
      That's awesome you lost 23 lbs! :)

      Delete