February 28, 2015

HOW TO: Save Time in the Morning


To me, there is nothing worse then sleeping in and realizing I now have to rush to make it to work on time. I hate rushing. On a different note, I also love sleeping. So I either get to sleep in and then get ready as fast as I can or wake up early and feel crabby for not having my usual 9 hours of sleep....just kidding.
Not really.
The only way to fix this is to figure out a way to sleep longer and still have time to do everything else.    
  Good thing I've got 5 tips on how to save time! 

1. Choose your outfit the night before
This will save you SO much time! Usually when I get ready, finding what I'm going to wear is the very last thing I do and I usually end up in a panic because obviously- I have nothing to wear! Remove this dilemma from your morning routine by having it all ready to go the night before.

2. Have breakfast and lunch ready
Same as the above, have your breakfast all picked out the night before. If you drink coffee, have the coffee maker all set up so you just have to press Go! If you're into making smoothies, have your fruit pre-cut and ready for the blender. The same goes for your lunch. Place it in tupperware in the fridge and just grab it on your way out the door!

3. Take your shower and do your hair before bed
Eliminating the shower in the morning will save you big time. When I used to go to work for 6:00am I always showered the night before. If you fear that your hair will get messed up while you sleep, I can tell you with all honesty, that has never happened to me. I would just run a brush through it when I got up and it looked like it was just done!

4. Set your alarm clock a half an hour early
One of the biggest problems I face is hitting the snooze button in the morning. Trick yourself and set your clock a half hour early. That way when you actually Do wake up, it'll most likely be the time you were supposed to wake up anyway!

5. Keep all electronics off
I am so terrible for this. Even if I know I've slept in, the first thing I do when I wake up is go on the computer. I usually start reading blogs and then before I know it, an hour or so has passed! Leaving me no time at all to get ready. The simple solution would be to keep all electronics turned off. Computers, cellphones, etc. If you find you have time after you're all ready, then turn them on. 


I hope these tips were at least a little bit helpful! I know I'll be trying them out. Happy Weekend everyone! :)

8 comments:

  1. I already do all this and it saves so much time you have no idea ! :D

    https://www.bloglovin.com/people/manishaanwari2-11510825

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips, esp 1 & 4

    Shalay,
    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these tips, I do most of them already and it really is amazing how much time it saves! It makes mornings more relaxing and able to start the day with a good mindset.
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved these tips and I always shower the night before and let my hair air dry :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com | OnePiece Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could let my hair air dry. If I do I end up with a huge frizzy mop!

      Delete