February 24, 2015

Ten on Tuesday | Life's Best & Worst Moments

source pinterest

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Lets talk about life. There's only one thing to say really: life is hard.
I mean its not always hard but we all definitely have our moments. 
You've gotta take the good with the bad. 

For this weeks Ten on Tuesday I want to share some of my life's best and worst moments. 
5 Best and 5 Worst

BEST


The night Craig asked me to be his girlfriend- Cheesy, I know. But I can still remember exactly how I felt that night. It was totally unexpected. We were hanging out at my house and he asked me just as he was going out the door. I said yes, obviously. Once I knew he was out of the driveway I jumped around the kitchen like a fool! haha

That time I went skydiving- The most unforgettable thing I have ever done in my life. I remember feeling excitement rather than fear. I think everyone should try it sometime!

Our trip to Disney World- A few years ago me, Craig, my sister and her boyfriend all drove to Florida to stay at Disney World for 9 whole days! Being a huge Disney fan, this trip was pure magic. 

The day my niece was born- I went with my sister to one of her regular baby appointments one day and it turned out her water had already broken a couple of days before! That's the day Eva came into the world. She really is a ray of sunshine. She's the funniest child I've ever met!

The day I found out I graduated college with honours- I probably squealed when I found out. As some of you may know, I did all of my college coursework at home and pretty well had to teach myself everything. The very last assignment I had to do was for accounting and boy was it tough. I shed a few tears while working on that assignment due to stress. But, I did it! I've never been more proud of myself for accomplishing something.


WORST

That time my brother accidentally cracked my front tooth in half- This happened in the 11th grade. My little brother was trying to show me a "trick" with his marble magnets. The marble came flying at my mouth and when I felt that little piece of tooth hit my tongue I was devastated. It goes without saying that I cried and told my dad I was Definitely Not going to school. Now I have this fake piece of tooth and I'm forever babying it, scared to death its going to fall off someday!

Kayaking with Craig- This sounds like it should be listed in the Best section but sadly its not. We had to use a two-person kayak which I think is the reason we had such a terrible time. Apparently two-person kayaks are much harder to use. We were pretty horrible at it. Both of us were soaked by the time we made it to the little island we were headed for. Not to mention the other people who were on the same journey as us were all military men! They were just zoomin through the water while Craig and I struggled. haha

That time I had that job I hated- I think we all have that job we absolutely can't stand. The sad thing is, is that I actually enjoyed what I was doing. I made binders. Doesn't sound very fun but I really liked it. I love working with my hands. The thing that made it unbearable which led me to quitting was my boss. He was an older man who liked to blame me for absolutely everything. And made me feel like crap for not knowing how to do something. Also, he was incredibly creepy. He used to want to hold my hand walking from room to room and got very angry with me if I didn't sit and have my breaks with him. I got out of there fast.

When Craig's lung collapsed- Probably the scariest thing we've been through. Craig's lung collapsed because he's a rather tall and skinny guy, this is actually quite common, and his lung pushed against his ribs and I guess it just tore it. He was in the hospital for a bit. Then a couple of weeks later it happened again so this time he needed surgery. He's okay now, but I hope we never have to go through that again.

Not being able to get a job- After I graduated feeling oh so proud of my hard work I quickly realized nobody wanted to hire me! Every single place I applied wanted someone with experience. Which I find so frustrating because I'm a new graduate, of course I have no experience! After going months jobless I finally gave up and decided I didn't even want to be a medical secretary anyway. I still have no idea what I want to do.

I hope you enjoyed reading this!

TELL ME ONE OF THE BEST MOMENTS OF YOUR LIFE!





14 comments:

  1. I agree, we've all had our share of both good and bad. Glad to see that everything on the bad/ worst list is no longer happening. :)
    I've known graduates from top universities working as bus boys in restaurants because they can't get a job for what they studied for. Unfortunately, education can't get you anything anymore. You either have to know someone important or just work for years and try to move up.
    My best memory has to be my 7th birthday. It was my absolute favorite birthday (and year in general). :)
    I would say the day my husband asked me to be his girlfriend was a best moment, but that was more bitter-sweet. So much drama happened because we were both very popular, but he had a more notorious reputation thanks to rumors. Hahaha

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, education barely gets you anywhere these days! Glad to know your 7th year was so great! I hardly remember being 7 lol!

      Delete
  2. I totally love this idea for a post! What a wonderful way to get to know someone, through their best and worse moments. It actually made me laugh that before I read through your moments, I stopped to think to myself what my best and worst ones were and the first worst one that came to my mind was when I cracked my tooth. Then, low and behold, you said the same thing, haha! Yup, definitely a horrible experience, right?

    Cat
    http://oddlylovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thats too funny! Omg I cried so much! ( being 16 I thought my life was over).

      Delete
  3. " Once I knew he was out of the driveway I jumped around the kitchen like a fool" Love that these kinds of moments exist outside of movies! I've been there! Reminds me of that scene from Love Actually! :)
    http://twentywho.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I've never seen Love Actually! I'll have to watch it now!

      Delete
  4. I love you blog so much and that is why I nomitated you for the Infinitive Dreams Award. Read all about it here: http://rachelbellebeauty.blogspot.com.es/2015/02/infinity-dreams-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love having a 5 best and 5 worst! I just got back from an amazing trip to L.A. so that is definitely one of my best. :)

    Brittany,
    www.lawyerlookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lucky! I would love to go to LA for a trip!!

      Delete
  6. I can 100% understand why visiting Disney World is up there, oh my gosh it's just like a fantasy land haha! :) Also, all the best with discovering what you'd like to do career-wise - it'll come to you eventually! I went through many, many jobs before figuring it out! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh isn't it!?! I felt like a 5 year old the entire time we were there! haha & thank you :) I'm sure someday i'll find something!

      Delete
  7. This is a lovely post. Love reading more about the blogger :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete