February 19, 2015

Why You SHOULD Fall in Love With Your Best Friend



I've never told the story of how me and my boyfriend Craig came to be. And I won't be telling that story today. We'll save that for another day. What I will tell you is that we started off as very good friends.
If anyone even uttered the words "You should go out with Craig!" my respond was usually something like "What!!? No way! He's like my best friend!"

This is the usual response from anyone who hears that about their close friend.
Well today, I'm going to tell you why you should push that automatic response to the side and give your best friend a shot.

1. They're your best friend for a reason: Right off the bat there was something you had in common with this person that attracted you to them. Maybe you liked the same music, the same food or you have the same weird sense of humor. Whatever it is, it works.

2. You already feel comfortable talking to them: Listen, if you've already told your guy best friend extremely personal stuff and he hasn't made a run for it yet, you can bet he's a keeper.

3. You know each other: You know what makes the other person happy or angry. They already know how to make you smile when you're having a bad day. You've probably already told them all of your embarrassing old stories.

4. He's probably already seen you in true form: No makeup, hair a mess, old sweat pants. You wont have to dread that point in the relationship.

5. He could end up being the greatest love of your life: So many people use the same excuse; I don't want to ruin my friendship with them. Trust me, this thought ran through my mind so many times. And honestly, I can't promise you that telling your friend you like them won't ruin your friendship. Because it very well could. But you'll never know unless you take a chance. They could have been waiting forever to hear you say that.

So I say go for it! And if they tell you they don't feel the same way and stop hanging out with you, well, maybe it wasn't such a great friendship after all.



HAVE YOU EVER DATED YOUR BEST FRIEND?

4 comments:

  1. I had some guy best friends before but some were obviously meant to be disasters. Hahaha
    Others we just knew eachother since kids and grew up like brother and sister.
    But I know of people who've gone out with their best friends and are still together. :)

    Vegetarian Courtesy


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, the growing up with them might be a little strange haha but you never know!

      Delete
  2. Aww, I totally relate do this. My boyfriend of six years and I were just very good friends for six months before we started dating (he was just getting out of his first serious relationship). One of the most wonderful things is, to this day, I think we're still friends before we're romantic partners. He's my best bud, always.

    Cat
    http://oddlylovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw I totally agree! Thats the best part about being friends first :)

      Delete