April 4, 2015

Easter Tag + Easter Facts!

I love Easter. In celebration I have decided to do an Easter tag and then tell you some facts you may not know about this holiday! 



1. Do you believe in the Easter Bunny?
No. 
But wouldn't it be awesome if there really was an Easter Bunny!?

2. What is your favorite Easter candy?
Oh my, so many!
I love mini eggs, cadbury eggs, marshmallow eggs, the list goes on!

3. Do you have any special Easter traditions?
Not anymore. 
When I was a kid, instead of hiding eggs around the house for us to find, my mom used to hide quarters! We loved it. I will definitely be continuing that tradition with my kids one day.

4. What is the perfect Easter meal?
Ham and potato salad.
mmm
With something chocolate for dessert.

5. When it comes to peeps, do you prefer bunnies or chicks?
I'm not really a fan of peeps. 
I don't like the sugary bits all over them.

6. Do you leave carrots for the Easter bunny?
No but i'm going to this year haha!
Just to see Craig's reaction. 

7. What part of the chocolate bunny do you eat first?
Usually the ears.

8. What is your favorite thing about Easter?
Easter is just so springy! Theres always pretty pastel colors, tons of chocolate is involved...need I say more?



Some things you may not have known about Easter:

- Eggs have been seen as an ancient symbol of fertility, while springtime is considered to bring new life and rebirth

- Rabbits and hares were also symbols of fertility

- Egg dyes were once made out of natural items such as onion peels, tree bark, flower petals and juices

- Exchanging painted eggs started in ancient civilizations with people such as the Egyptians and Persians

- Some people believe the word Easter comes from the pagan holiday honoring Eostre the pagan goddess of Spring. 

- Pretzels were a food that was associated with Easter.

( I found all of these facts online, i'm not sure how accurate they are!)

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT EASTER?


20 comments:

  1. such a cool post! Happy Easter!
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an interesting post, good to know these facts! I really love Easter because it's during spring and I get to spend time with family :) Great post and Happy Easter!

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always fun learning things you didn't know about a well known holiday! Family time is always great :)
      Happy Easter!

      Delete
  3. You've changed your layout again :) It's cool I like it, and Happy Easter Renee! Great Tag!

    Meme xx
    New post:
    '10 Things Boy's Just Don't Understand'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did change it again! haha I get bored so easily when it comes to the look of my blog!
      Thank you! Happy Easter :)

      Delete
  4. fun! happy easter!
    http://juliaspuellaaeterna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about Easter is that it means SPRING is here! Great Easter post :-)

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post again <3 I really like your blog ! :)
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great tag! I start eating chocolate from the bunny ears too. Happy Easter! :)

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!


    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your Easter was great as well :)

      Delete