April 3, 2015

Flashback Friday #26

january 2010



This might sound weird..

But I find me and Craig kind of look alike in that first picture... 

You often hear that though. That couples actually start looking like each other over time. 
This piqued my interest so I did a little research on it.

Here's what I found out..

- People say opposites attract; but the heart wants someone who resembles its owner

- A psychologist named Robert Zajonc conducted an experiment where he analyzed photographs taken of couples when they were newlyweds and then 25 years later. The results showed that couples have grown to look like each other more over time. The happier the couple were, the more likely they were to have increased in their physical similarity.

- Older couples look more alike because people in close contact mimic each others facial expressions. 

- We may even be hard-wired to fall in love with people sporting DNA that is similar to our own in some ways. 

Definitely interesting!

DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR PARTNER RESEMBLE SOMETIMES?


6 comments:

  1. That's so true! Hahaha You two are so cute together. :3
    Pfft, if there's something I'd want to resemble to with my husband, it would be his eyes! We both have long eyelashes, but he has big eyes, and I don't. ;___; lol
    I think we look different, especially since he's a person that is not easily influenced.

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big eyes are so pretty! I'm sure yours are just as beautiful though!
      & Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. This is so interesting, I never knew this! I can definitely see that you start to mimic each other's facial expression, so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its definitely something to think about!

      Delete
  3. aww, you're so cute!

    <3: Jasmin N | http://littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete