April 24, 2015

Flashback Friday #29 | Kayaking the Bay of Fundy

On June 26th, 2010, Craig and I decided to do something we thought was going to be extremely fun.

KAYAKING!

Let me tell you about our day....
(Warning: Photo over load)


To start the day off right we headed somewhere for breakfast. What's better than McDonalds pancakes for breakfast?
Answer: Everything. Don't they look healthy? :|

The drive took us probably close to two hours. I can't really remember. But it was an absolute beautiful drive..




It was so nice in fact, we just had to get out and take some pictures!



 This is when we looked down and noticed a ton of dead fish laying in the water....


So we finally get there. Both of us were so excited! We had never been kayaking together before. 
They then tell us we have to use a double kayak. 
This seemed okay at first, until we realized we totally sucked at using a kayak together!

It was very hard! To make matters worse, we were on the tour with a huge group of men from the military! So of course they were just a paddlin', so far ahead of us. So we felt like we were falling behind the entire time. We had some amazing photos taken though..








The sad thing is..if you look really hard at the pictures, we aren't smiling in a single one! 
We were so tired and wet and for some reason angry with one another, we couldn't fully enjoy the beauty we were kayaking through!

We stopped on an island for longer than we liked and had a small lunch.

And this picture sums up how I felt about the entire experience...


Hopefully we have more fun next time! haha

Hope you enjoyed reading!

HAVE YOU EVER GONE KAYAKING?

6 comments:

  1. Never been kayaking... I kinda want to but not really all at the same time.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do my advice would be to use a single kayak! Not a double one!

      Delete
  2. This looks so fun, I went Kayaking a few summers ago and really enjoyed it - this post makes me want to go again! :D xx

    Sammie | sammiephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great you enjoyed it so much! I wish our trip was a pleasant experience!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Kayaking is so fun! I did it once or twice. Also I loove MC breakfast! It's really good and I never feel guilty because you know, like you said, It looks really healthy! haha :P
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! :) I hope the next time I try kayaking its a little more enjoyable!

      Delete