April 13, 2015

Lush Shampoo & Conditioner


A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to switch over to more natural products to use in the shower. Namely, shampoo, conditioner and body wash/soap.
I thought, what better place to find natural products than Lush!
After buying them I soon found out they still use SLS (sodium lauryl Sulfate) in most of their shampoos and conditioners. SLS is what makes a shampoo foam and lather.

Other than that, they're pretty decent on the natural side of things.

For the shampoo I purchased the Montalbano shampoo bar. This is my second time using one of the Lush shampoo bars and I have to say I love this one! It smells so good. Like lemons! I love how compact their shampoo bars are. Great for traveling with!
This bar cost $9.95, which I guess isn't too bad considering they promise 80 washes out of one. ( I'm currently testing that theory!)

On to the conditioner....

After reading a bunch of fantastic reviews about the Veganese conditioner I thought i'd be super happy with it.
I thought wrong.

I wish I could say I liked this but I just didn't. I mean I really didn't. I would even go as far as saying I hate this conditioner.

For starters, this teeny little bottle of 100mls costs $9.95! While I was a little taken back by the price for such a small bottle I thought, "well..its vegan, I use very little conditioner anyway, it'll be worth the money!"
Boy was I wrong.

The amount of conditioner I had to use in my hair for me to even feel it a tiny bit was unreal!

Out of this small bottle I might be able to use it 5 times. Now I will admit, I have long, thick hair BUT with any other conditioner I only use about as much as the size of a quarter for my hair.

And the last thing I didn't like about it. My hair felt like crap afterwards. The point of conditioner is to condition your hair, make it a little more manageable..not make it feel like seaweed!

So I guess loving one out of the two products purchased isn't too bad. I'm now on the hunt for a nice natural conditioner! Any suggestions would be great.

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED LUSH SHAMPOO? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE VEGANESE CONDITIONER?



24 comments:

  1. This is an interesting thing to do. I hope you find one that you really like!

    Follow my adventures!
    Oncejapanatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I also tried this lemon shampoo and I agree that it smells delicious! Sorry to hear about the conditioner and thanks for the warning, I will include it into my "never buy" list.

    http://stylesprinter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of some people loving this conditioner, it just really didn't work well for my hair!

      Delete
  3. I love Lush so much ! I never try this shampoo but I might soon :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their shampoo bars are pretty awesome!

      Delete
  4. I love Lush products, they never fail to let me down. My favourite is the Sweetie Pie shower jelly, it smells gorgeous and is so cool! I'd recommend it, along with the body conditioner which leaves your skin unbelievably soft! Lovely post x

    Karis // karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ou i'll have to pop in and smell that one!
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the conditioner - for that price that must have been quite disappointing! I'm so keen to try any of the shampoo bars available at Lush.. :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i'm sorry too! I was really looking forward to using it!
      The shampoo bars are usually quite nice though! The one I just purchased makes my hair feel a little bit sticky afterwards but after conditioner ( a good one!) it feels great!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you had an awful time with the conditioner but I LOVE how honest this review is! :)

    I've never actually tried any Lush products aside from their bath bombs. Just not something I've ever looked for I guess. Definitely not keen to try it now either haha! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you very much! You know, I have seen a ton of blog reviews about this Veganese conditioner and every single one praised it. I couldn't help but think after using it " were all of those girls sponsored by Lush or something?" because I can't see how anyone would enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. Shame on the conditioner! For the expensive price, you would expect much more!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely not worth the $10 for such a small bottle!

      Delete
  8. I try to avoid SLS too... I've actually really enjoyed Whole Foods brand shampoo and conditioner. It's mostly natural ingredients, and without SLS-- and affordable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! We don't have Whole Foods here but I did notice a natural section in my local grocery store that I wanted to take a look at!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for this honest review, we appreciate this kind of review, thanks for sharing :)

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually just go into lush for bath bombs, and I'm not even a big bath fan but I definitely will be trying their natural products. They look amazing and are probably a lot better for you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realised you didn't like the conditioner! That would annoy me so much, such a small bottle for such a large price :/ xx

      Delete
    2. It was definitely a lot pricier than I expected for such a small bottle!

      Delete
    3. Their shampoos are great! This was my first time trying one of their conditioners. Who knows, maybe they have a better one there?!

      Delete