April 20, 2015

Maybelline Baby Skin Review


I've recently purchased the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I know you've probably seen a million reviews on this product already but i'm a little late on the whole primer train.

Yep, this was my first time ever using a primer.

I don't even know if this is considered a primer? It certainly isn't what I think of when I think of primers. Anyway...

The purpose of this product is to "blur" your skin and erase your pores. I have a photo of my cheek before the baby skin and one after I applied some.


Sorry for the pore lighting ( ha ha I got jokes) 

You can see from the pictures that there might be the slightest difference. To me, a barely noticeable difference. So I wouldn't say it exactly erases your pores. 

I will agree with one thing though. It definitely makes your skin feel baby soft. Im sure any old moisturizer could make it feel the same though.

So would I re-purchase this product? 

No.

I didn't blur like I expected and it kind of made my foundation look weird over it. 
I only paid around $10 for it, so I guess there's no great loss if I never use it again.

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED BABY SKIN? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON IT?


12 comments:

  1. It's a pity this product didn't impress you, although at least the low price means you won't be kicking yourself forever haha :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame you weren't impressed. I've never tried this product, although I know my friend uses it a lot and loves it, I guess it just suits her skin! Haha, thanks for the review :) x

    Karis // karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thats why I bought it, I read so many good reviews! Just different skin types I suppose! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried this yet. I avoid buying primers in general because they clog my pores but I have heard mixed reviews about this product.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree. My face actually started breaking out shortly after using this but I wasn't sure if this product was to blame or not!

      Delete
  4. I have quite small pores, so it does blur them over pretty well. The main thing it does is keep my skin from getting oily!
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really!? So glad it works for you! :)

      Delete
  5. I've never had the best experience with primers either. I used to use an Illamasqua one and that was quite good at keeping my makeup in place for a long time but many others have seemed to make my makeup slide off and I've tried a similar one to this before and that didn't blue out my skin either.

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this one made my makeup slide off as well! I looked really greasy or something after a while!

      Delete
  6. You can see a slight difference on the second pic :) Try ELF primers, they are awesome and super cheap! I use one with a green pigment that neutralises red tones etc

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh okay! I'll try to find some Elf products! thanks! :)

      Delete