April 7, 2015

Ten on Tuesday | How to refresh this Spring!


Good morning everyone! I hope the sun is shining for you today! You know what I think its time for? A good old Spring Refresh! Most people are probably enjoying the spring weather by now...green grass, flower blossoms. But if you live in an area like me, you may still be battling the snow.

Really though snow- take a hike.

The good news is that there are ways to combat those winter blues and really make it start to feel like spring- even if there's two feet of snow outside!

Here are ten ways to really freshen up your life, mood and environment this Spring:

1) Get a haircut- You don't even have to cut your hair! Maybe just a trim, a new style perhaps? Go for a new color or some highlights! Having a fresh new hairstyle can make a huge difference!

2) Give your home/bedroom a real good Spring cleaning- Even if you hate cleaning, think of it as dusting away all of your dark gloomy winter feelings. I know when I sit down in a freshly cleaned room my mood lifts instantly!

3) Take out the Spring attire- Pack away all of those oversized sweaters and wooly socks and haul out the spring clothing. Even if its still a little too cold where you live to start wearing dresses and skirts, you can always just add pieces of bright clothing to your wardrobe! 

4) Wear bright colored nail polish- If you're someone who loves painting their nails, switch all of your darker colors out for some pretty pastel or neon nail polish shades. 

5) Bring flowers indoors- If things aren't blooming just yet outside, bring nature inside! Surrounding yourself with beautiful smelling flowers can really lift your spirits if you're still looking at mounds of snow outside!

6) Go for a lighter makeup look- Nothing says fresh like a light makeup look! Hide away all of those dark lipsticks and eyeshadows and bring out the soft pinks and nude shades!

7) Smell like a flower- Or not, if you aren't into florally scents. But try out a nice fresh perfume this Spring! Something light and happy!

8) Create a "Spring" playlist- Choose songs that instantly make you feel happy. Songs that make you want to get up and dance!

9) Bring some color into your space- Whether its just a new pillow or a new wall hanging, adding something bright and cheerful to your space can really lift your mood!

10) Re-design social media layouts- If social media is a big part of your life, freshen it up a bit! Give your blog a new design. Download a nice Spring-like wallpaper to your computer or phone. If you're seeing spring everywhere- it just might start to feel like it!

I hope these tips may help a little! 


WHAT DO YOU DO TO REFRESH FOR SPRING?



24 comments:

  1. This is so weird of me. because i'm a teenager but I love tidy room and any clutter instantly makes me feel down!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that! Messy rooms always make me feel "blah"

      Delete
  2. Number 2!! My room is in desperate need of a Spring clean but I keep putting it off, I think I just need to bite the bullet and get it over with!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It'll feel so good afterwards! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm planning on trying the sombre colour this coming summer!
    Can't wait!!!
    Great tips.

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely ideas. Didn't get a haircut but decided to change my colour a bit and go for a vacation. Also good!

    Mrsinlondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great! Where did you vacation to?

      Delete
  5. I really need to give my room a spring clean and get a haircut! My room is always so cluttered!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It always feel so good to de-clutter!

      Delete
  6. such a cute and uplifting blog post! creating a spring playlist sounds like a great idea! x

    illustrated-wardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giving your room a Spring clean is an excellent idea - tidy room, tidy mind! Also, I love that you've mentioned wearing less makeup and floral scents - I have been doing exactly that this week to welcome in the new season :) I hope your week is going well so far!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My week has been great so far! :) I hope yours is as well !

      Delete
  8. Always loving a brighter nail in spring - especially pastels! They make me feel so happy hehe :)

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw me too! I was wearing a pretty mint green all Easter weekend! I loved it :)

      Delete
  9. Nothing better than having a good clean out :) Great list Renee, it's so sunny over here right now (sorry) so it really is feeling like spring.

    Meme xx

    New post:
    'Mini Make-Up Haul// Max Factor and L'oreal'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw you're so lucky! The sun was shining for a while here today though, that felt good! :)

      Delete
  10. :O love this! Such a good list of spring stuff to help get you all settled into spring! I always keep fresh flowers in my room, and use light floral sheets on my bed!
    -S
    twentywho.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ou floral sheets would be so nice!

      Delete
  11. Great post :)...loving starting to wear more colourful nail polish <3 so true love re-designing my blog when I feel like a change!
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I must have re-designed my blog 5 times already haha!

      Delete
  12. I've managed to do most things in your list!! You're definitely right- when it's a new season you just have to refresh! My favourite one was about changing your social media as I do that every season- a really nice blog post and your blog is amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! :) Glad you enjoyed the post !

      Delete