April 27, 2015

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU'RE BORED


As a person who grows bored extremely fast and way too often (I think i've changed my blog design about 500 times already), I need to think of things I can do to battle the boredom.


Here are 35 simple ideas for when you're bored:

1. Write your family and friends letters.
Don't forget to send them!

2. Write a  to-do list of everything you need to get done.
Doing the things on your list will also help with the boredom.

3. Get creative!
Draw, paint, make a cool craft you found on pinterest.

4. Blast music and pretend you can sing.
You might want to do this when you're home alone..

5. Dance around like a maniac.
Again, when you're alone.

6. Go out for a walk.
Find a stranger and follow them...

7. Do some other form of exercise.
I like using workout dvds.

8. Watch a movie.
Or better yet, have a movie marathon!

9. Find a new show on Netflix you've never heard of.
Watch. the. entire. thing.

10. Make up a story.
Come up with your own characters and story line.
Who knows, you could be the next J.K Rowling.

11. Give yourself a make-over.
Experiment with different hairstyles or make-up looks.

12. Go shopping.
If you don't have any money just window shop.

13. Call your most talkative, upbeat friend.
Maybe they want to hang out?

14. Make up a new recipe.
Or just make your favorite one.

15. Watch Youtube.
You can seriously get sucked into youtube for hours.

16. Read blogs.
There are so many great blogs out there that just reel you in.
Here's a list of 'my favorites' to get you started.

17. Start your own blog.
Starting your own blog, coming up with ideas, designing your layout.
Those things will keep you busy for quite some time.

18. Take a nap.
Pretty self-explanatory

19. Change your bedroom around.
Seems so easy but this can take all day.

20. Clean out your closet.
I love digging through all my old clothes and getting rid of things I don't need anymore.

21. Clean your house.
This may seem like a chore but at least it'll keep you busy for a while.
Then you have a nice clean house afterwards.

22. Go for a drive.
Going somewhere you've never been before is always exciting.

23. Play a video game.
 I prefer playing games that have a story.

24. Build a puzzle.
Get one of those gigantic puzzles that take forever to put together.

25. Tie dye a t-shirt.
Or some pants, a headband, shoes..

26. Read a book.
Everyone's go-to when they're bored.

27. Have a picnic in your backyard.
How fun would that be?

28. Learn a magic trick.
Pick a card, any card.

29. Walk on the beach and collect rocks / sea glass.
If there isn't any beaches around you..walk along a pond? Feed the ducks maybe?

30. Take $10 to the dollar store and see what cool things you might find.
I don't know about you but the dollar stores around here have been getting pretty awesome things lately.

31. Visit a museum.
You might even find one that offers free admission.

32. Hop on a bus and see where you end up.
You need a little adventure in your life anyway...

33. Have a bonfire.
Or sit around a fire pit. Whatever works.

34. Lie on the grass and look at clouds.
See what kind of shapes you can find.

35. Buy a kite
....and fly it.


WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO WHEN YOU'RE BORED?


18 comments:

  1. Yes!! This is brilliant. When people say 'I'm bored, theres nothing to do', I'm like are you sure? Nothing at all?! There's always fun stuff to do! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always!! :) I think being lazy just takes over most times haha

      Delete
  2. Love your ideas. There's some things on here that I wouldn't have thought of! When I'm bored I will usually go for a walk if the weather permits or I'll read blogs or get creative and do some drawings :) x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like them! :)

      Delete
  3. These are such great ideas, I'm always bored ( although not so much anymore because of exams...) and this list would keep me occupied for weeks! Amazing post :)

    Karis // karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. OooOOOoo these are great! I am taking the summer off so this will come in handy! Printing!
    -S
    twentywho.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lucky you get the summer off!! :)

      Delete
  5. What a great idea !!

    Amazing post I have shared this!!

    New Post -> Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a wonderful day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips, I am one too get bored quickly as well, and I have a short attention span, it's doesn't take me long when watching a film to be flicking through my phone at the same time! I like the new blog design.

    Meme xx

    New post:
    'The Book Mouse Suggest: A New Blogging Venture'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha tell me about it!
      Thank you, i've only changed it about a million times now!

      Delete
  7. #4, #5, #9, #12, #15, #16 - always always do them. Haha
    I wanna to learn magic tricks though.
    Great tips and it helps people out there who always say that they're bored and they have nothing to do.

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these ideas especially starting a blog! It such a great experience. Going for a walk and watching a film are also great things to do when bored. I've nominated you for the Creative Blogger Award
    http://paperchainblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/creative-blogger-award.html
    This is an interesting post and you have a lovely blog!
    Emily
    http://paperchainblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check that out now! :)

      Delete
  9. 2, 3, 8, 16, 24, 26 and 30 are probably the once I do the most
    I really like this post!
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete