April 25, 2015

WHY I CHOOSE A MORE NATURAL LOOK


When it comes to makeup I tend to go for a more "natural" look. My makeup routine consists of:

Foundation
Concealer
Blush
Clear Mascara
Eyeliner

Thats all. There isn't any bronzers, highlighters, liquid liners, eyeshadows or lipsticks. One big reason for this is mainly because I wouldn't even know how to properly use any of those things! Another reason is I just kind of like wearing minimal makeup

I was thinking about it and there are quite a few benefits to wearing less make-up:

1. It's cheaper- I very rarely need to run out and buy makeup! Just buying the basics is way easier on the bank account.

2. Less time spent getting ready- When you take out contouring, eyeshadows and brow pencils, you can have your makeup finished within 5 minutes.

3. Your face feels lighter- I hate when I can feel the foundation on my skin! I remember when I used to wear regular black mascara, my eyelids used to feel so heavy.

4. Less breakouts- This doesn't apply to everyone, but I find when I start experimenting with different kinds of makeup my skin starts to breakout a lot. Sticking to my regular light routine is always a safe bet for me.

5. You can create the "illusion" that you aren't wearing makeup- The best thing about wearing a more natural look is that its usually pretty darn close to how your face looks in its natural state. Adding a light foundation and a little concealer just takes away any redness or eye circles! This is especially beneficial when it comes to dating someone new. There are many guys who are so shocked when a girl who normally wears a ton of makeup finally shows them her bare face. They look like a whole different person in some cases! Sticking to something more natural looking is like saying "what you see is what you get!"

Now with that I'd like to point out that I don't have a problem with girls who prefer a more layered, polished look. This is just what I prefer! :)

WHAT IS YOUR "GO-TO" MAKEUP LOOK? 

24 comments:

  1. I definitely have a lighter make up routine as well! To be honest it's usually just concealer, a bit of eyeliner or eyeshadow and mascara! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. mascara and under eye concealer is always a must for us!!

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Even if i'm going bare face, concealer is something I use no matter what!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely a more natural and lighter makeup look person! I completely agree with the time it takes to get ready, I only use about 5 products and that takes me long enough! Although I do prefer the natural look I do like the experiment with 'nude' eye shadows and I will always use mascara. It's nice to see that not every girl will wear tons of makeup!
    Emily
    http://paperchainblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to experiment with some eyeshadows at some point but I can't wear regular mascara (allergy) so I just think it might look a little funny with my clear stuff. I guess I wont know until I try though!

      Delete
  4. I used to wear more make up than I do now, liquid eyeliner, false lashes n all. Since cutting them out of my make-up routine, it takes me much less time to get ready and it feels nicer knowing I can go out looking similar to what I naturally look like and I've been told I look more mature now, so that's a bonus! xx

    Catherine / caffrinc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fresh faced look! It's such a great trend because it means I can be lazy!
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pretty much just stick to basics with makeup, the only thing I go slightly OTT with is lipstick. I love a really out there lip colour.
    Rubi | Instagram | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try different kinds of lipsticks but they just look weird on me! haha

      Delete
  7. I love wearing very little makeup, it's quick and easy and you don't need to worry about it smudging everywhere!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually tend to go for a natural look unless I'm wearing winged liner x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't even know where to begin with winged liner!

      Delete
  9. Love this, my list of reasons for natural makeup would have to be - 1) I'm lazy - but agree with all of yours as well haha! The last thing I want to do at 7am before work is a full on contoured face and smoky eye, hardly appropriate and would just take up too much of my life!

    Alex
    efflorescentdream.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thats a good enough reason!

      Delete
  10. i really need to wear more natural makeup, but i can't seem to quit my routine!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like what you like! Whatever works for you :)

      Delete
  11. My makeup is also quite natural although it's not for want of trying, I have experimented a few times with heavier makeup but I end up looking like a child who's got hold of their mum's cosmetics haha! I haven't heard of anyone wearing clear mascara in years, how interesting - and natural! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, the one thing I would change if I could would be to wear a normal black mascara. Im allergic to something in it and my eye swells up pretty bad! Definitely not worth it!

      Delete
  12. I love this post! I always try and give my face a few days off in the week just so it can properly breathe!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete