April 11, 2015

Why You Need A Wooden Hair Brush!


I've just made the switch to a wooden hair brush and i'm here to tell you why you NEED a wooden hair brush in your life...right now!



There are so many benefits from using a wooden brush compared to your regular old plastic one. Here are a few great reasons to make the switch:

1. Wood creates less static electricity
Wood collects only a small amount of negative charge but for the most part, its neutral. Therefore, making your hair static free!

2. The wooden bristles gently massage the scalp
This helps with blood circulation of your scalp and the wood is gentle on your head and hair causing less breakage.

3. Massaging the scalp also promotes hair growth

4. Wooden bristles help move natural oils through your hair
This helps with excess sebum absorption and the removal of hair impurities. Your own hair oils are the best natural conditioner! 

5. The wideness of the bristles brush through tangles easily

6. The brush stays cool while blow drying
Wood doesn't really conduct heat

If those 6 benefits don't cause you to re-consider using your plastic brushes, I don't know what will!
I don't think I could ever go back to non-wooden brushes after using mine.



I purchased my wooden brush from Winners for only $5.99! Its from the brand Om She Aromatherapy. I tried finding it online but didn't have any luck. The good news is, you can find wooden brushes anywhere! 



(Sorry for the hair left in my brush, I tried getting it all out!)


DO YOU USE A WOODEN BRUSH? WOULD YOU MAKE THE SWITCH?



22 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't realise a wooded hairbush would have such a major difference on your hair. Super useful to know, thanks so much for the tips! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! There are definite benefits to using one! :)

      Delete
  2. Having curly hair, brushes have never been my best friend. Hahaha
    Do you think this is gentle enough for curls and won't straighten out my locks? I'd really love to try it out. :)

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did a little search for you! Here's what I found...

      Curly Hair: Wooden-Bristle Brush
      It’s time to abandon the notion that curly hair can’t be brushed. Curls do present their own unique challenges, but with the right tool you can tackle them all. To keep coils in tip-top shape, look for a hairbrush with widely spaced wooden pins. Wood brushes are gentle on dry, brittle hair, won’t separate the curls, and never generate the all-too-familiar curly hair foe, static.

      So YES! Wooden brushes are pretty much ideal for curly hair :)

      Delete
  3. I've never consider this kind of brushes! Answering Adi's comment, I have wavy/curly hair and I use a brush after the shower and when I brush it and it's dry, I make a bun afterwards, so it's soft and wavy in a natural way.
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely try one out! Like I said I only paid $5.99 for mine! Thats cheaper than most regular brushes!
      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. I had no idea wooden hair brushes were so great! I've never tried one actually, but have seemed to settle with my Tangle Teezer because it is a lot more forgiving with my tangles, and doesn't tug them so hard. I'll have to look these up and try and get one! Thank you :)

    Karis // karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Its worth a try! :)

      Delete
  5. Hiya! I have been reading your blog and I think it is awesome so I have nominated you for the Liebster Award Tag!
    Click on this link for the entry information:
    http://www.prettyinpeeptoes.com/2015/04/liebster-award-tag.html
    Love
    Sam
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I'll check that out !

      Delete
  6. I had no idea that a brush could make that much of a difference! I only understood that some were better for blow drying.
    Kaylee
    www.goldandhearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either until someone had mentioned wood brushes to me!

      Delete
  7. Wow thanks for telling that wooden brushes have so many benefits. Next time I'll pick it up.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this! I've never looked into this before!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whao, sure I'll make the switch! Great info! I have a wooden brush but the bristles are plastic which I dont think is really the same thing lol. P.s Loving the new look of your blog!
    -S
    twentywho.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can't hurt to try one out!
      & thank you very much :)

      Delete
  10. I know that those wooden brushes are very good for your hair, but I can't use them because my fair need to be detangled... I love how those look like though - very cute!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wood brushes are very gentle on your head. I'm not sure how they are for detangling though!

      Delete
  11. The product is very good and excellent.
    It looks very ordinary but very great.
    find this

    ReplyDelete