May 7, 2015

Book Review: I Hate Myselfie by Shane Dawson

I've been watching Shane on youtube pretty well since he started making videos. Its safe to say he's my favorite youtuber. 

He has an incredibly raw, sick sense of humor- And I love it.

When I found out he wrote a book I instantly wanted to read it. For some reason I thought I wouldn't be able to get his book where I live and that I would have to order it online.

I wandered into Coles the other day and thought maybe I should check to see if its here.

What do ya know. I found it. 


So this book is a collection of 18 essays Shane wrote. They don't follow a theme or story. Just random chapters about his life. It was actually a lot better than I expected.


I think if you are unfamiliar with Shane's videos you may not really like this book. As I said earlier, his sense of humour is a little...twisted? The thing that surprised me though is that he actually got a little serious with some of his stories. 

As I said there's 18 essays with titles ranging from Two First Kisses to Between Hollywood and an Abortion Clinic to How to Survive a Horror Movie. 


Throughout the stories he talks about being overweight and losing tons of weight. He talks about the death of his grandmother and a really cool chapter on astral projection. He also talks about becoming internet famous. 

I thought it was very well written for someone who hasn't written anything before and I actually finished this book in one day. I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars. 

Have you read this book? What did you think?



10 comments:

  1. nice review! I love Shane Dawson too...I don't love everything he does but a lot are so funny and have been following him for about 4 years now. Have been bullied at school too etc.. so I do feel close to some of his videos .

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be honest I used to love Shane Dawson but I think over the years he just got worse and worse, so I unsubscribed, fair play to him writing a book, but in this day and age it is nothing new as all youtubers seem to be doing it, I just felt he was trying to hard and wasn't as funny any more.
    It's great you like him though.

    Meme xx

    New post:
    'The Book Mouse Suggests: Watermelon'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah his videos aren't what they used to be but I still enjoy them.
      So many youtubers are writing books now, its crazy!

      Delete
  3. Great post
    would you like to follow each other?
    I'll follow back after it

    . www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Review :)
    I nominated you for the creative blogger award, check out my blog for the details <3 xx

    Sammie | www.sammiephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard a lot of good things about this book, I love him! I need to get this book haha :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a fan of Shane I most definitely recommend it! :)

      Delete