May 17, 2015

Explore Nova Scotia: The City of Halifax + Waterfront


So happy to be sharing the first of many Explore Nova Scotia posts! For my first adventure I decided to start with the city of Halifax. Mainly because I'm not really a fan of the city (I prefer the countryside) and its nice to get it out of the way now before it gets super busy downtown during the summer months. So today I have a few pictures from downtown to show you as well as the boardwalk (waterfront).

So we started out at The Commons. The Halifax Common is pretty much just a huge park with tons to do! There's a skatepark, a swimming pool, the oval where people ice skate in the winter and lots of other things.



The Armouries







Government House


This is the one of the views from up on Citadel Hill


Now on to the Waterfront!








Crazy Dr. Seuss looking lamp posts!

This is one of the bridges crossing over to Dartmouth


We had a really fun day walking around through the city. This is only a small portion of Halifax. I can't wait to show you the rest! Hope this wasn't too overloaded with photos! :)

DO YOU PREFER THE CITY OR COUNTRY?

8 comments:

  1. It's always so refreshing to see a location throughout another's eyes. The Halifax Common looks like a nice place and don't ask me why, but I'm taking from these photos that there's a low crime rate there - am I right?! haha :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Commons are definitely a great place to see! Actually, in 2014 Halifax was ranked 11 out of 33 for crime severity! haha But crimes rates have been dropping!

      Delete
  2. Wow amazing photos! x

    ambershabits.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos with some great views and I love those lamp posts; so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they something!? haha I love them!

      Delete