June 4, 2015

Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation Review


I have been wanting to try this foundation for quite some time now. I was constantly reading blogs and watching youtube videos where people rave about this foundation. Its actually really expensive here in Canada for being a drugstore foundation which is why I was so reluctant in purchasing it. A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of extra spending money so I thought why not!? LET'S GET IT.


- Its made from a vitamin rich fruit therapy formula for an even complexion and an instant anti-fatigue result

- The gel texture will blend and glide onto skin for an even, natural finish with no mask effect. Imperfections will be erased, signs of fatigue will be smoothed and the skin's radiance will be boosted for up to 16 hours*

- 69% More radiance after 4 weeks of use


- Very nice consistency. This foundation is not runny. I actually think the consistency is perfect. It does in fact glide on smooth and blends very easily.

- It smells SO good. If you've seen or read any review on this product before, every single person talks about how nice it smells and they are not fibbing! It honestly smells fruity.


- It doesn't make me look shiny. Even throughout the day I never end up with that sweaty-shine look. I have noticed however, that it has been making the skin around my nose look dry in patches.

- Its only light to medium coverage. If you're looking for something with full coverage...this foundation is not for you. I tend to go for more light coverage foundations though so I quite enjoy this aspect.

- It does not last for 16 hours. Not that i've even come close to wearing this for 16 hours but after a few hours with it on I DO feel the need for a touch-up.

- For some reason it makes my face feel really soft. Not sure why it does, but I like it..

This is before and after- I used two coats in the second picture and as you can see it still didn't totally cover up my pimples. But I think it does a pretty great job.



I give this foundation 3.5 stars out of 5. And i'll tell you why:

-Its very pricey. I think i've read in the UK this foundation can be picked up for like $10 or something? Well here in my neck of the woods it costs $28.00 plus tax which comes to $32.20! For a small bottle no less.

- I can get the same coverage with Revlon Colorstay for half the price. While I DO really like this foundation- I honestly do- I just can't justify paying so much for a foundation that gives the same amount of coverage as one that's half the price!

- Small variety of shades. I think they only have around 6 shades to choose from. The shade i'm wearing is 51 Light Vanilla. If I went even one shade up- its way too dark.

If you've been wanting to try this foundation- and you have a bit of extra cash- I say go for it! It is a lovely foundation.



Have you tried any Bourjois Foundations?


8 comments:

  1. I've never tried this, I'm always using the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation which I find is really good! www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear such great things about that foundation but I can't find it anywhere here!!

      Delete
  2. I have tried many Bourjois foundations. Some are too dry for my already dry skin but for now I've been loving their 123 CC cream it's really good and costs around 11/12$ dollars. It last's long on my skin, doesn't break me out and has a good coverage for a CC cream.

    Ana - hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard really great things about the CC cream. Thats what I initially went to the store to buy but they aren't getting it around here :( so I just bought this stuff!

      Delete
  3. Ohh I really want to try this, I've been looking for a good light foundation! Thats such a pain it's so expensive over there, definitely a lot cheaper in the UK! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe the price difference! Definitely a good light foundation! :)

      Delete