June 2, 2015

Living The Life You Want



What is stopping you from living the life you want to live?

That's a question we should all stop and think about. 

First, ask yourself- are you currently living the life you want? Or have you always imagined your life being better? Easier? More exciting? 

For myself, i'm definitely not living the life I want to live.

My life isn't terrible by any means- it's just not what I imagined my life would be like at this age.

Let's take a look at what I would like my life to be and what's stopping me from achieving that life.

-I thought I would have a well paying career doing something I love:

What's stopping me? Well, there's a lot of factors in play here. One, I have absolutely no idea what I even want to do as a career! Two, I would probably have to go back to school which I don't even want to think about that because that would mean yet another student loan on top of the one I already have. Three, I hate working for other people. 

How can I change that? I either suck it up and go back to school and risk changing over to a career I actually don't even like OR I can finally start my own business- something i've wanted to do my whole life. The only problem is- I don't know what kind of business i'd want!

- I thought I would have seen the world by now (okay, maybe half of the world by now):

What's stopping me? Money mostly. My biggest regret was taking out a student loan and taking a course which I didn't even like and now have to pay back way too much money in my opinion. The other thing stopping me is fear I suppose. I've always wanted to travel the world but as I get older things keep popping into my head that I wish wouldn't. Like, is this place dangerous? Is there weird creatures that could bite me and kill me? What if someone kidnaps me and no one ever finds me? Then there's things like the Ebola scare which makes me just want to stay in my house forever. 

How can I change that? Well, since I did make the mistake of taking out a student loan, the only thing I can do is pay it back. So instead of spending my extra money I SHOULD be saving it all and paying off my loans faster. With less responsibilities, I'd be able to pick up and travel any time I want.
As for the fear- I'm just going to have to get over it. I think the fear of never seeing anything in this world would be much greater. 

- I thought I'd be healthy, fit and happy:

What's stopping me? The fact that I've gained about 30 pounds since high school. The fact that I get stressed about my job. The fact that I don't really have any friends where I live. 

How can I change that? 
1. Be more active and actually try to lose weight. Stop feeling discouraged and giving up when I don't see the number on the scale go down. 
2. Leave my job. If the place I spend majority of my week isn't making me happy, I should probably just leave.
3. Stop being so shy. Maybe I could join a group or something and at least attempt to make a new friend. 

So there it is. All the things that are "stopping" me from living the life I want. When you write it all out like that it really makes you think- why am I not living the life I want? It could be so easy! With a little hard work and some lifestyle changes you can make anything happen. These things will be my life goal from now on. To just live the life I want.

Only you can change your life. If you're not happy, ask yourself Why? And write down realistic solutions to your problems. 

What's Stopping You From Living The Life You Want?

No comments:

Post a Comment