June 12, 2015

Products I Won't Buy Again



I'm always purchasing new products to test out in hopes of finding something that works great for me. Along the way I've come across quite a few products that just don't fit the bill.


Almay Smart Shade CC Cream
As soon as you apply this CC cream it looks & feels extremely greasy. 
....and stays that way.

Maybelline Fit Me! Hydrate + Smooth Foundation
I've heard really great things about the Fit me! Matte foundation but when I saw this Hydrate + Smooth I thought it might work better for me considering I have some dry areas around my face. This foundation isn't too terrible. It is a little on the greasy side but I did wear it for a few weeks. Its just not something that wowed me and I probably won't ever buy it again.

L'Oreal True Match LUMI Foundation
Hate, hate...did I say hate? This foundation! 
I've never looked so greasy with a foundation before ( even worse than the Almay CC cream).
This made me look like I was constantly sweating ( not pretty ) and you can only imagine how it looked while I was actually sweating! 
I hear amazing reviews of the L'Oreal True Match foundation but I'm so hesitant in purchasing it because of my experience with the Lumi. 


Lush Veganese Conditioner
Terrible conditioner. 
You can read my review on it here.

Elf HD Lifting Concealer
Picked this up on a whim while I was at the grocery store. I think it was like 4 dollars? Really didn't like it. I think it made my under eye circles look even darker..

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser
Didn't really see any difference in my pores with this primer. (See results here)
I did find however, that my skin started breaking out after using this. 
So this definitely won't be purchased again!



HAVE YOU TRIED ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, this makes such an interesting blog post! You so rarely hear about what products people don't like and it's even more interesting to see a Lush product is featured here. I have to admit, I've come across a couple of Lush products lately I haven't been too impressed with either. Have a lovely weekend :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally love Lush products and the reviews i've read about the veganese conditioner were all about how great it was...when I used it I was so confused because it literally made my hair feel like seaweed! It was terrible!!
      Hope you have a great weekend also :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! It's too bad to hear you had a bad experience with the True Match LUMI foundation, I've heard such good things...but then again no one ever does posts like this about the things they hated! Great post, thanks for sharing thiswith us!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really read much on the LUMI foundation but I've read tons of reviews on just the regular old True Match and everyone seems to love it! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  3. This is such an interesting post! You mentioned some products other people only seem to rave about. I have tried the Baby Skin Pore Eraser but didn't really notice a difference after using it so won't be repurchasing either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I purchased most of these products- because of the rave reviews i've read by others- just goes to show you that you can't believe everything you read! Then again, maybe these just don't work that well for Me. Who knows! haha thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Too bad these products didn't work out for you! Which foundation would you repurchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I really like the Revlon Colorstay foundation and the Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous!
      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete