July 30, 2015

A Fresh New Look!



I cut my hair!! I can't believe I did to be honest. I was dead set on leaving my hair grow for a whole year (jan-jan) but lately my hair has been dragging me down. It just got so big and thick and I really hated blowdrying and straightening it at the moment because its summer and its hot. Thick hair and summer just don't go together.



This is the longest my hair has been in a while. We measured it at 26.5 inches last night! I had about 3 different colors running through it. The ends were a little fried but not too bad.




I couldn't get a half decent picture of it! I feel like this picture doesn't do it justice! I love it a lot!
She cut 7 inches off and gave me layers throughout. I added some highlights and also had it thinned out. My head feels soo light now! I'll keep trying to get a better picture to show you but for now, this'll do. 

I was a little nervous to cut my hair. I think I had just grown so attached to my long hair (is it weird to be attached to hair?) and I wasn't sure if I would regret cutting it or not. I don't. 

I think i'm going to go out and purchase some new makeup i've been wanting to try tonight. I've actually been having a really tough time lately- I may talk about it sometime, i'm not sure- so this hair cut was just the first of many changes i'll be making on my road to happiness :)


TELL ME ABOUT YOUR LAST HAIR CUT! DID YOU FEEL GREAT AFTERWARDS? DID YOU REGRET IT?





16 comments:

  1. I love your new haircut! It looks really good!
    I got my hair cut in June and it felt great to get so much of it chopped off. :D

    Jessica | Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know what you mean! It feels so much lighter!

      Delete
  2. Love the length and layers and color!! Basically everything. Hahahah
    New makeup will definitely help bring out the new do. And sending you a big 'ol hug to make you feel better.<33
    My last haircut was two years ago. I've cut my own hair since I was 14 and two years ago I cut it to a bob which I really regretted. It came out nice, but my hair was growing and I cut it for no real reason. Although it's summer time, my long hair doesn't bug me one bit. I appreciate the length and volume that I've regained after a two-year wait (& still waiting for it to get longer)! (;

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Adi! :) Sorry to hear you regretted your last cut! It sucks when that happens! Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous now!! :)

      Delete
  3. The haircut suits you :) I wish I was brave enough to cut mine off but I'm scared I won't like it! ha

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie Ann! :) I was actually so so nervous while mine was being cut, I was already thinking about how I was going to let it grow long again while she was cutting it! haha but now that its done I love it!!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! Have nice weekend:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh your hair looks so cute that length!! Summer is definitely the perfect time to cut your hair haha, it's been tempting for me this year! I don't think I ever could though, so go you!! Haha I'm glad you like it - it looks really good on you!

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :D I love it a lot!

      Delete
  6. shorter hair looks nicer on you ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I just did the exact same thing. My hair was so long and the bottom was thick and heavy. It had no shape or style and was really weighing me down. I hadn't had a cut in over a year and a few weeks ago, I just woke up and had to cut it! I love it and feel so much better now. I think I even have more of a bounce in my step haha I love that it's never tangled now. Hope you got to enjoy the beautiful weather in Nova Scotia today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely know what you mean about having a bounce in your step haha!
      Omg it was hot today! Not complaining though after the winter we just had!

      Delete