July 3, 2015

Flashback Friday #33- Disney World!

Back in May of 2011 we took the trip of a lifetime. We drove all the way to Disney World!!! This is definitely one of my favorite Flashback Friday posts because I get to go through all of my pictures again and sort of relive that time. *Just a warning. This post will probably be extremely photo heavy!*

So driving to Florida from Nova Scotia was definitely different. I think it took us 3 days to get there (with stopping at hotels for the night).


Lucky for us we had these little dvd players to watch movies whenever we got too bored! But it was totally awesome being able to drive through a bunch of different States!



This is the beautiful hotel we stayed at in South Carolina. I forget the name of it though, sorry!


So anyway, after lots and lots of driving we finally made it to Disney World!! We got to stay for 9 days! We decided to bring the trailer along and camped out at Fort Wilderness (thats the camping ground in Disney World)


It was really beautiful there and extremely HOT! We Canadians just aren't built for that Florida heat let me tell ya! Also, they have the largest pinecones I have ever seen...


The first place we went after arriving was Magic Kingdom ( I didn't take a single picture that evening because I was just way too excited being there!) The next morning we headed straight for Animal Kingdom. For some reason that whole park was like a heat wave struck! Sooo hot. Good thing they had these fans that blew mist at you. ( We had to find them pretty often!)


My absolute favorite ride at Animal Kingdom was the Dinosaur ride!! So much fun! The Kali River Rapids was a definite close second though.

Thats us in the front!


So within 9 days we were able to visit all of the parks a couple of times. Here we are at Magic Kingdom..


 Words cannot describe how much I love Magic Kingdom. It truly is magical. My favorite ride there was the Haunted Mansion one. I also really loved Space Mountain.....and Peter Pans Flight....and Everything!!

Hollywood Studios was really fun too. The Rock'n'Roller Coaster was the best! I wasn't too fond of the Tower of Terror though.



 During one of the days we decided to go horseback riding at Fort Wilderness.


 I'd like to take a minute to point out that little tiny black dot on my leg in this picture. Look closely and you'll see it. That is a horsefly.....
That darn thing wouldn't leave me alone the entire time and bit me so many times!!! Ugh.


 I think it was on our last day there we went to Downtown Disney for the evening. We ate at a sandwich shop and I had THE BEST tuna melt sandwich I have ever tasted and equally delicious chocolate pudding. I think it was called Earls Sandwich Shop? I could be wrong.


I think thats enough pictures! I have tons more but I don't want to overload this post. Disney World will always be one of the best memories I have and I really hope to go back there someday soon!
Hope you enjoyed this post. I know I really enjoyed looking back on all of these photos :)


Have you ever been to Disney World? 
What was your favorite ride?


8 comments:

  1. I went there when I was 10 such a long time ago! I hope to go back soon :) Nice pictures tho! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd go back tomorrow if I could!

      Delete
  2. That looks awesome! Disney world is Always a good idea ;)

    http://thegoodandthehealthy.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best! Love to go back!

      Delete
  3. I love Disney world so much. I could go every day and never get bored. That's crazy that you drove from Canada to Florida. I actually want to take a road trip from Florida to Canada one day!

    Dinosaur is my favorite ride at animal kingdom! Big thunder mountain railroad and magic carpets of Aladdin are my fave rides at magic kingdom. I love Epcot so much! It's so much fun walking around the lagoon and seeing all the countries :)

    I'm glad you had a good time! Disney world is the best!!

    Jessica
    pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epcot was so cool! I think it was our second night there and we watched this AMAZING fireworks show in Epcot! Like nothing i've ever seen before!

      You should totally drive to Canada! Its definitely a long drive but I wouldn't trade that experience for anything! :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing place! I visited Disneyland Paris two weeks ago! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome! I'd love to visit Disneyland Paris!

      Delete