July 14, 2015

Fultz House Museum



I absolutely love visiting museums. I never really thought I was all that into history but now that I think about it, I really kind of am. I love learning about things and trying to imagine what a certain time was like before now.

Yesterday we visited The Fultz House Museum. This museum is located in Sackville and used to belong to a man named Bennett Fultz. The house now contains tons of artifacts, photographs and displays that reflect over 200 years of Sackville's history.


This is the house. I didn't get the best picture of it but this is good enough. So you walk in the back door and someone there greets you and offers to give you a tour. Its also free admission which I was pleasantly surprised about! Most museums charge a fee.



The first shelf shows photos of Bennett and his wife Mary. The smaller photos next to them are their 8 children. The bottom shelf holds photos of some of their relatives.





The teachers code of conduct from 1875 was pretty crazy! I always think I would have loved to live in that time but all of those different rules (!) I don't think I could handle it.

The museum grounds were beautiful. A little gazebo in the front and a nature path along the back.






DO YOU ENJOY VISITING MUSEUMS?


4 comments:

  1. I've never had the chance to go to a proper one but I would love to go!
    Aleeha from HALE, xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really!? I hope you get the chance to :)

      Delete
  2. you have great blog :)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete