July 1, 2015

Happy Canada Day!!

Happy Canada Day! To all of my fellow Canadians! And to every one not living in Canada and celebrating this day! I, along with many others, had work off today. I love having a day off in the middle of the week.

I didn't really do a whole lot to celebrate Canada Day. Craig and my brother went for a ride on their bikes so I ended up spending the afternoon with my sister and her family. We went swimming and had a bbq. It was nice.

I thought since it is Canada Day, I might share with you some interesting facts about Canada you probably didn't know!


DID YOU KNOW:

1. Canada is the world's second largest country.

2. Canada's lowest recorded temperature was -81.4 degrees fahrenheit (-63 C) in 1947.



3. Large parts of Canada have less gravity than the rest of the Earth. This was discovered in the 1960s.

4. 2.4 million Caribou live in Canada.

5. Basketball was invented in Canada.



6. We have a $300 collectors gold coin that has a narwhal on it.



7. Winnie the Pooh is Canadian!




















Thats all I have for interesting facts. I wrote a post a little while ago about Common Canadian Stereotypes! Check that out if you want!


HOPE YOU ALL HAVE/HAD A GREAT CANADA DAY!


10 comments:

  1. I don't thin it gets much better than a narwhal on a coin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea it was Canada Day today! I also didn't know basketball was invented there - how cool!

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Canada but I am seriously dying to go! I really don't know why I haven't, since I'm just in Oregon! Haha these are such cool facts! I never knew Winnie the Pooh was from Canada - it was one of my favorite books and movies when I was little! Haha my nursery was also decorated with all things Winnie the Pooh so it has a special little place in my heart. Great post!!

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to visit Canada!! SO many beautiful things to see here! Yeah Winnie the Pooh was actually based off of a bear cub named Winnipeg- "Winnie" for short :)

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOSH SO COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    I cant imagine anything under -1 I think I'd die at -63!
    I cant wait to visit Canada one day :)

    Dannah | Australian lifestyle blog

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cold! If the low temperatures throw you off make sure you visit during our Summer! haha

      Delete
  5. Love this post! and happy Canada Day!
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete