August 28, 2015

Blogging Tips | Creating and Inserting Your Own Header

Hey guys! In this Blogging Tips post I wanted to show you how to create and insert your own blog header. You can make these headers as simple or extravagant as you want. So long as you know how!

My choice of photo editor is Photoshop but you can use whichever one you like best.

Once you get used to making headers they'll seem like a breeze! I made this one in about 5 minutes.

Now its not perfect but it'll get the job done!

To add this to your blog. Go to Layout and click Edit on the header section..


Upload your image from your computer and make sure you click ' Instead of title and description.


Click Save

Make sure your image is the size you want it before you upload. 

So your new header is on your blog and its looking pretty good.

The only issue now is that its not centred! Here's how to fix that:

Step 1. Click on 'Template' on your blogger page

Step 2. Click on 'Customize' and then click on 'Advanced' in the Blogger Template Designer

Step 3. Scroll down until you see ' Add CSS'


Step 4. Insert this code into the box

 #header-inner {
background-position: center !important; 
width: 100% !important;
text-align: center;
}
#header-inner img {
margin: auto;
}

Step 5. Click 'Apply to Blog'

And thats it! Easy peasy right?



If you have any questions about this feel free to ask! 
Also, if you're having a little trouble making your own header you can send me an email and I can try to whip something up for you! I'm not a pro at designing them but I can see what I can do :) My email is up there in contact.


12 comments:

  1. Great tutorial - I love how the design looks! And your blog looks so great!! :)

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ever so much for this tutorial Renee - I plan on having a custom header made at some point this year and so I've bookmarked this post ready for that occasion :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome :) I'm glad I could help!

      Delete
  3. Thank you! This is so helpful since I've been slowly trying to experiment with new headers.

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheese with Papas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these! I've just updated my blog header.
    Hollie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'll check it out ! :)

      Delete