August 2, 2015

Camping Essentials



One of the best things about summer is being able to go camping. One of the worst things about going camping is not knowing the proper items to bring or just plain forgetting some much needed essentials.
If you've never gone camping before, this list is for you. Or, if you're someone who forgets easily, this list is also for you!

THE BASICS

The Tent- I know, how could you forget the tent? Well it can happen and has happened. My boyfriend and I seriously went camping one year and forgot our tent.

Sleeping bags, blankets, pillows- Anything to keep you warm during the night. It gets cold in a tent. 

A cooler- You need something to keep your food frozen or at least cool.

Camping stove and propane- You don't need to bring a propane stove if you'd rather cook all of your food over a fire but usually when we go camping for an extended amount of time we'll bring a stove. If you're not sure what i'm talking about click here.

Food- Duh

Wood- You can usually buy wood for your fire at the campground but if you'd rather rough it out in the woods, you're basically surrounded by it so...just go get it. 

Bug Spray- Do not forget this unless your camping goal is to become a human buffet. 

Fold out chairs- Like these ones. Unless you prefer to sit on the ground or on logs.

Lighter, matches- You need something to start your fire with.

Cooking/eating utensils- You know, paper plates, plastic forks and knives, etc.

Sunscreen- You'll be spending a lot of time outdoors.

First Aid Kit- In case you get a boo boo.

APPAREL

Long sleeved shirts- You'll want these during the night.

Something with a hood- In case it rains.

Extra socks- Like I said, it gets cold during the night sleeping in a tent. Also if you're like me you may like to stick your pants inside your socks while you sleep. No bugs are crawling up my pant legs.

A bathing suit- Campgrounds usually have swimming pools.

OTHER

Flashlights, lanterns, etc- It sucks trying to find something in your tent at night without any lights.

Batteries- For your flashlights.

Towels- For showering and swimming

Shampoo- If you'll be camping for a few days you might start to stink. Campgrounds usually have showers but make sure you bring your own shampoo. The little 'grocery store' they have at campgrounds normally charge an arm and a leg for basic things. 

Toothbrush and Toothpaste- Same reason as above.

Toilet paper- Unless you'd rather use leaves.


FOR THE GIRLS

Feminine products- Even if you're not due to start- take them anyway.

Hair clips/bands- Who wants to deal with their hair while camping?

Mousse, curling product, sea salt spray, etc- If you're lucky you may end up staying at a campground that has outlets in the bathrooms where you can do your hair. If not though its always nice to be able to just throw some spray in your wet hair and go. 


My reason for writing this is because we're going on a camping trip in less than a week! I'm super excited. 

DO YOU LIKE CAMPING? WHAT ARE YOUR CAMPING ESSENTIALS?



14 comments:

  1. This has me ready to get out there! I haven't been camping for three years. Camping essentials? S'mores and TP.
    Helen XO
    Les Petits Gazette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you went camping and forgot your tent! haha! Anyway, great little list here! I haven't gone camping since I was a kid (unless you count festivals), but reading this post makes me want to try it again!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha my boyfriends sister didn't think it was very funny since we had to all cram into their tent! You should definitely go again!

      Delete
  3. I have never been camping in my life, and its probably a good thing as I don't think I would of thought of most of this list haha.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really!? I've gone camping for as long as I can remember! You should really try it sometime :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pics! Have a great start tot he week:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! I don't go camping very often, but it does require a unique packing list! Nice work, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great list! I absolutely LOVE camping so making lists before I leave is always a must! I'm actually so excited for the school year next year because I'm planning a lot of camping trips with all of my college friends who have never been camping before! It's going to be so much fun haha. Great post!!

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that sounds like a blast! I'm still so completely baffled at how some people have never been camping!! My parents used to take me camping when I was only about 3!

      Delete