August 24, 2015

Chatty Chat #2 | Favorite Blogs, Vegan, & Layout


Good Morning! 
I just felt like writing another little chatty post today. My favorite kind of posts. Anyway there's only 3 things I wanted to cover in this post so here we go.

My 'Favorites' Page. If you take a look up at my menu bar you'll see I have a page for favorites. I keep links to all of my favorite blogs there. I've recently just updated that page and added lots of new amazing blogs. If you like finding new, exciting blogs to read you should take a look at that page. Seriously, do it now. 

Being vegan...or not. Last week some time I mentioned that my boyfriend and I decided to try going vegan. We decided this on a Thursday night and by Friday morning we were full blown vegan. I think changing over so quick was a little bit of a mistake. I know lots of people who say they had to slowly transition their way into it. We actually stuck with it for an entire week though which i'm quite proud of. The problem with me is that when it comes to lifestyle changes, I have a really hard time with it. Something as drastic as switching to total vegan overnight was a little too overwhelming for me. Fun Fact: I get overwhelmed very easily and it kind of makes me feel like i'm going insane. I hope that's not just me? So then we decided to stick with vegetarianism but now we may be leaning towards being pescatarians. We have to start out slowly. I know for sure I definitely never want to eat beef, chicken, pork, etc anymore but we'll keep fish in our diets for now until we get a little more used to it. That's not saying I won't be learning more vegan meal options though. I recently bought the Oh She Glows vegan cookbook and i'm in love. Last night we made the avocado potato salad and it was one of the best things i've ever eaten. So yeah, I think I feel a little guilty about not being able to stick with it but i'm hoping over time i'll be able to transition myself over to become full vegan. 

New layout. Hah hah. Should I even bother bringing up the fact that i've changed my layout again? Probably not but i'm going to! Mainly because i'm actually kind of proud of this one. I used to always design my blog myself but then I became lazy and started buying pre-made templates. This was becoming kind of pointless and expensive because, well, you guys know how much I change my layout. So I decided I was going to learn how to use different html codes and try to make my blog look like one you'd pay for. I'm not quite there yet but I think its coming along nicely! I've always made my own headers/banners. I really like the simplicity of this one. The little things i've learned so far is the boxes around my sidebar titles, the boxes around my Popular Posts section and that customized search bar on the top right side. I'm trying to find the easiest ways possible to make my blog look at least a little better. I was thinking I could share some of these tips with you guys if you're interested in learning how to do them yourself (instead of paying for someone else's templates!) Just let me know if you'd be interested in that. 

So what's been going on with you!? Any changes happening in your life? 
Have a great morning! :)

20 comments:

  1. Eeeep! I am on your favorites page! Yay that made my day ;) Also, I totally noticed the new blog change. 2 columns to 3 columns is a big difference! I love it btw. and great job on the header ;)

    Jessica | Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you're on my favorites page! hehe glad it made your day!
      Thank you very much! lol its still a work in progress but i'm liking it!

      Delete
  2. First things first - I MADE THE LIST!!! How sweet are you? Thanks so much!! And to be amongst such great company, gah!
    And I'm loving the new layout, I do like a 3 column actually and your header is a beaut. It's so satisfying to learn how to tweak these bits yourself isn't it? It's a little piece of you out there in webland.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Of course you made the list!! I love your blog!
      I enjoy the 3 column as well. It is definitely a lot more satisfying than buying something pre-made!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'd love to hear more on designing your own blog layout. My blog desperately needs a makeover and I don't even know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'll work on getting those posts up soon :)

      Delete
  4. I've got a favourites bookmark folder just for the blods I visit religiously, too, and it's wonderful! I think even thinking of going vegan is a great thing, and I do hope that your transition will be successful this time around! I'm vegetarian and am looking to switch to veganism!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great! :) I think I can for sure stick with not eating meat! Let me know how your switch to veganism goes :)

      Delete
  5. Being vegan is in no way easy (I certainly couldn't do it!) so the fact you've even given it a go is brilliant! Just take it slow and see how it suits :)

    www.musingsandmore.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Its definitely not easy!

      Delete
  6. I am vegetarian, and I just find vegan so difficult. So huge respect for everyone who sticks to it :) but there are some vegan foods i'd die for (like almond milk) :)

    Kia | Traviness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love almond milk!! Especially the vanilla kind! :)

      Delete
  7. Great blog!
    Would you like to support each other by following each other´s blog? ^_^

    Et Omnia Vanitas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow going straight to being vegan must have been a massive change! I went straight to being veggie but as I didn't eat much meat before it wasn't too bad, that vegan cookbook and avocado potato salad sounds amazing though! xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was different, thats for sure! I highly recommend that cookbook! Even if you aren't vegan there are some amazing recipes in there!

      Delete
  9. I love your new blog design! And - yes! - eating vegan is so hard! I am trying to make healthier food choices and not eating meat fish etc. and I thinks it's incredibly hard to stick to such eating routine...

    StyleSprinter Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its definitely harder than you might think huh?

      Delete
  10. I don't think you should feel guilty about slowly transitioning into being vegan, it must be a huge change! Loving the new blog layout btw :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to feel better about it! We're still going strong not eating meat so I think thats pretty good :) Thank you very much! :)

      Delete