August 14, 2015

I've Been Vegucated.

So I watched Vegucated last night..


I've heard about this movie, and others, but never got around to watching them. Never felt the need to watch them really.

I've toyed with the idea of going vegan a few times seeing as my body can't handle dairy anyway. But no I thought, I love chicken and seafood way too much to give it up for good.

Well...

I've watched this movie. I was skeptical then I cried and then I was angry.

I always knew bad things happened to the animals we eat. We obviously kill them for our meat-eating habits. But I never actually knew how they were treated.

Its honestly sickening.

I'm not going to say a lot about this at the moment. I know there's a lot of people out there who think vegans are crazy and those people have every right to their opinions.

I'm just here to say that I am starting my own journey into becoming a vegan. 

My boyfriend Craig is as well.

We really don't know a whole lot about it at the moment but we'll learn along the way.

Any suggestions you may have for going vegan would be greatly appreciated :) & for those of you who think you could never go vegan (I used to be one of you) I highly suggest watching Vegucated. Even if it doesn't have the same impact on you as it did on me, it might just open your eyes a little more to understanding veganism. 



10 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Vegucated but I guess it may be beneficial for those who are stuck on whether becoming vegan or not. I used to eat meat but rarely do these days, as I am trying out this lifestyle but one step at a time!
    Great Post!

    Raqda xx│Raydant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one step at a time! I just went to my first 100% vegan restaurant for lunch today. It was different but I think its something I could get used to

      Delete
  2. Good for you, this video sounds interesting!

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was an eye opener, thats for sure!

      Delete
  3. That's wonderful! I've watched that movie and it is a real eye opener. I've been a veggie for 10 years but it all started when I was 6. I'm toyed with being vegan but I never fully committed.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i've toyed with the idea for a while now. It may take a little getting used to but its not really much different for me seeing as I was always looking for dairy alternatives anyway due to an intolerance so its pretty much just cutting out meat for me. A vegetarian since 6!? Wow! Thats awesome! :)

      Delete
  4. I have a mostly vegetarian diet when I'm at university but I've always thought that veganism would be a step too far for me. Vegucated sounds really interesting, though, so I'll definitely be watching it - it sounds like it'd be an eye opener. You'll have to keep us updated on becoming a vegan, I hope it goes well for you both! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I highly recommend watching Vegucated! Honestly, I think going vegetarian would have been enough for me also but since I have an intolerance to milk anyway, it only made sense to try going with a vegan diet! I'll definitely keep you updated! 4 days in today! :)

      Delete
  5. This put a smile on my face, so lovely to hear you're going vegan! If you have any question, feel free to send me an email :)

    I went from veggie to vegan in about 9 months, slowly trying out vegan foods, replacing dairy options with vegan alternatives, so don't put too much pressure on yourself to go vegan overnight. Take it at your own pace, enjoy trying the new foods and I'd definitely suggest following some vegans on instagram/twitter for inspiration :) x

    Catherine |caffrin.c xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I'll definitely email with any questions! :) It actually hasn't been a huge deal to changeover. I was already looking for dairy alternatives for a while anyway so it was mostly just meat and eggs. Its a little challenging thinking of different dinner ideas though! haha

      Delete