August 11, 2015

Prince Edward Island | DAY 1

Hey guys! You didn't know this but i've been in Prince Edward Island the last 3 days. We're currently on vacation for the week and decided to finally go to P.E.I together. Craig has been there tons of times growing up but this was my first time ever visiting the province so we were pretty excited!

See, excitement.


So we left on Saturday morning. There's two ways to get to P.E.I from here - the ferry and the bridge.
I wanted to experience both of them so on the way there we decided to take the ferry. The ferry ride takes about an hour and a half.


Now, even though we were super excited to be going on vacation, I had been battling a stomach bug for a week prior to leaving. Our entire first day I was just sick. I couldn't fully enjoy myself because I felt nauseous all day long. (The ferry ride definitely did not help!)

As soon as we got off the ferry we stopped by some water and sand (not a beach, it looked more like a docking spot) so I could touch P.E.I soil for the first time!


excuse my glowing white legs.

We stayed here for a little bit exploring the area. Prince Edward Island was looking pretty already.




The rest of the first day was spent driving around P.E.I. First we had to go to Donagh to look at a car Craig was interested in buying (he didn't buy it). We then drove up to Charlottetown (a place i'd like to explore more thoroughly) and then up around to the Prince Edward Island National Park which included Brackley and our destination - Cavendish. 

Cavendish is a real touristy kind of place. Full of beaches, museums, and extremely expensive restaurants. $40 for two burgers and fries at a place we stopped at! That's crazy. 

Anyway, we camped at Sunset Campground. Its a really nice spot and not too expensive. 


This was our campsite. Once we arrived we set up our tent and started the fire. We were both very hungry by this point because our $40 burgers I mentioned earlier were actually really gross and neither of us ate them. So because of hungry bellies we were a tad bit cranky with one another. On top of that, we realized we forgot to buy an air pump to blow up our air mattress. Our sleep that night was very uncomfortable as you could imagine. 

So we got the fire lit and I read by the fire while Craig roasted us some hot dogs. 


This was how the rest of the night went. Enjoying nature, sitting at the camp. We also took a walk down to the Cavendish Boardwalk which happened to be attached to our campground. 

So between me feeling sick, us being hungry and cranky with each other, forgetting an air pump and having an uncomfortable sleep- I think our first day was less than perfect. 

But thats okay! The rest of our trip was fantastic. Can't wait to show you guys Day 2 tomorrow! 

HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?



10 comments:

  1. My brain is literally going: THIS IS WHERE ANNE OF GREEN GABLES IS FROM. So yeah. That.

    Lovely photos by the way!! Sorry to hear you had a bit of a bad start to your holiday. Can't wait to ehar about teh rest of it! :D xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is from there! haha did you know she isn't actually real!? I always thought she was!

      Thank you! Posting day2 right now! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such a relaxing vacation. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! We really enjoyed ourselves! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh I really want to visit Prince Edward Island! Enjoy your whole vacation!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm having a great time so far! :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like the best time! Have to plan a trip there sometime soon.

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Its a fairly small island. I'd say we covered about 1/3 of the whole place in 3 days!

      Delete