August 20, 2015

The Things I'd Tell My Younger Self


I don't have very many regrets. For the most part i'm okay with what i've done in my life. But there are times when I think things like 'what if I didn't do that, what if I had chosen this instead'. Sometimes you just have days where you wish you could go back and 'guide' your younger self into making different choices. If I had that ability, here's what i'd tell my younger self:

01. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY
Don't let stress control your eating. Exercise and feel happy! And for the love of god just stop eating dairy now before it gets worse. You know it makes you sick. Just because it tastes good doesn't mean its good for you. Your health is a lot more important than that. 

02. DON'T LET SILLY ARGUMENTS RUIN AMAZING FRIENDSHIPS
Yes that's right. You're going to ruin 3 of your best friendships in the future. (Don't worry, you all become friends again but that doesn't happen for many years). Don't let the opinions of others cloud your own judgement. Say you're sorry. Be kind.

03. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A COURSE YOU REALLY LOVE IN COLLEGE
If not you're going to choose something you really don't want to take. Just for the sake of getting a diploma. This said course will cause stress beyond belief. It will cause stress on you, your relationship, your finances. And you won't even want to find a career in that field once its all said and done. Save yourself thousands of student loan debt and just pick something you truly love. Take business. You've always wanted to take business. Trust your gut for once. 

04. TRAVEL
Just do it. Before getting settled in your own place and buying furniture. Before drowning yourself in school and debt. You're always going to want to travel but you won't always have the means to do so. Make sure you do it while you have the chance.

05. NO ONE CARES, STOP BEING SO SHY
Your life would be so much easier if you'd just stop being so darn shy. Get out and meet people! Act silly, wear what you want. You're going to miss so many great opportunities because you're too afraid to talk to people. Honestly, no one around you really cares. People like other people who stand up and talk to them. 

06. GET YOUR LICENSE
Seriously, just get them. When you're 16 please. Or else you're going to be 25 before you know it and still don't have them. Only now you've developed some crazy fear of driving and thinking about it makes you anxious. Just get it over with while you're young. It'll save a lot of headache when you're older. 

If only you could go back and say these things huh? I wonder how different my life would be if I did choose to do these things from the get go. Guess i'll never know! That's alright though. I'm quite content. 

WHAT WOULD YOU TELL YOUR YOUNGER SELF?

16 comments:

  1. Great tips :) I wish I could have told myself all of these. Life is much too short for silly arguments and stressing about little things!
    Nice layout as well :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that! :)
      & thank you!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this post, it was interesting to see how the things we took so seriously or for granted as children. I would tell my younger self to stop being so hard on myself and acting like everything is ok, it's ok to not be ok sometimes! :)

    I think I might do this post soon, I really like it!

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful things :) Kiss from France, Sand.
    .
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips, I really liked this post :)
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely post <3
    I’m actively looking for collaborations (affiliates, features, etc), so If you’re in you can contact me anytime
    Follow me = follow back

    Isabelle.
    modellabella blog NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love posts like these! I really wish I would've read them when I was younger haha but seriously, great advice! I can definitely relate to a lot of them, especially the whole shy part!

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I had read something like this when I was younger too haha Glad you can relate! :)

      Delete
  7. I wish I hadn't been so shy either. I mean, nothing wrong with being quiet but I was so afraid of even speaking because I was afraid of people laughing at me if I said something silly or wrong. The main thing I would tell my younger self is to not obsess over boys so much. I let boyfriends come before my girl friends and I lost a lot of friendships that way :(

    Jessica | Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh i've let that happen too! Worst thing ever! After dealing with that guy I promised i'd never let a boy come between me and my friends again.

      Delete