September 4, 2015

Clam Harbour Beach | Clam Harbour N.S


I had the most wonderful- and probably our last- day at the beach today. Clam Harbour Beach was on my list of places to visit this summer. Its one of the most stunning beaches in Nova Scotia- in my opinion.

We set out for the beach around lunchtime. There's a big parking area and then a boardwalk which leads down to this beauty of beach!




White sand, the sun making it and the water sparkle. I just couldn't get over how gorgeous it was out there today.


Thats me and my brother trying to show how shallow the water was! We were out probably a good 20 feet and the water was only up to our ankles! We watched other people swim out at least 500 feet and they were just up to their chest!! I'm not sure if that's the way the water is there all the time but it was really cool being out in it!

The only problem today was that the water was absolutely FREEZING!!! Like, it felt like knives were being jabbed into your body it was that cold! I managed to get down to my neck in water for a split second though!



We spent a little time playing in the sand and then headed out to my favorite restaurant- Harbour Fish'n'Fries- for some amazing scallops. I'm really glad we managed to go swimming one more time before it gets way too cold to even sit at the beach.


My nails reminded me of the sky today! 

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!
Did you get one last swim in before the cold weather hits?

12 comments:

  1. What a stunning place this is! so cute ❤️ Www.bethanyavenoir.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible beach - and how lucky you were to visit on a day when barely anyone was there to disturb your peace/fun! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helped that we went on a day throughout the week :) haha It really is an incredible beach!

      Delete
  3. It looks like such a pretty place! I love it when you can go out really far in shallow water.

    Hollie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I couldn't believe how shallow it was! Never been to a beach quite like it!

      Delete
    2. Clearwater Beach in Florida is super shallow too- you can be out as far as the end of the pier and still be able to stand :) Its my favourite beach, when we went last year we saw dolphins playing not too far away from us which was so cool!

      Delete
    3. That would be so cool to see!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! :) I was very happy! I just love being near water!

      Delete
  5. This beach looks absolutely beautiful! I'd love to live near somewhere like this. I haven't been to the beach recently but the best one I've visited this year is definitely Porthcawl in Wales - it's so lovely on a sunny evening :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this beach is just amazing!! This is definitely one of the nicest ones around i'd say! Being at the beach as the sun is going down is so pretty! :)

      Delete