September 21, 2015

York Redoubt | Halifax N.S

York Redoubt is a Parks Canada National Historic Site. It was constructed in 1793 just as war broke out between Britain and France. Now its a spot where people can see the old barracks and canons. 

Today we went to the other end of York Redoubt. I haven't seen this end before. Its a long path through the woods that ultimately ends at a rather large barrack site. 

Its wonderful and a little creepy all at once.




Abandoned staircases scattered along the path..












I love going places like this. So much history here.

Oh, and we came across this little gem as we were leaving..


We decided we were not up for exploring that one haha


DO YOU HAVE ANYWHERE LIKE THIS WHERE YOU LIVE? WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT HISTORICAL SITES?

12 comments:

  1. Great pictures Renee! The first couple of pictures actually remind me of the scenery around my university campus. I think I'd have been right there with you in not exploring that last one though.

    Hollie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol no thanks! My brother went in and said theres just spiders everywhere! Me+Spiders do not mix! haha

      Delete
  2. Ooh wow that looks like a really cool place! I love slightly creepy stuff!
    Aleeha xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are great Renne
    http://notsohardtobepretty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh wow I love the look of this place! It looks so creepy yet intriguing and cool at the same time ahaha! You've taken some great photos aswell! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love places that are a little bit creepy! haha I dont know why but sometimes I love feeling a little scared lol

      Delete
  5. Looks very interesting to walk around and explore but I don't have anything like this around me! Probably should start looking for some!

    Heba xx || The HebaBloglovinInstagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! Any place that was around during war time would most likely have a few barracks!

      Delete