October 1, 2015

How To Deal With a Head Cold


Ugh. The head cold found me. I felt that old familiar pain in my throat two nights ago and yep, I just had to catch this sickness thats been going around for a little bit now. Come visit my sister says, we're not contagious anymore she says. Fibber...

Oh well, it could be worse. My sore throat only lasted a little over a day and its not like I ever really get sick. I just hate the congestion part of it.

Anyway i'm going to share my fabulous tips on how to deal with a head cold...

DRINK ALL THE JUICE- I'm not even joking. This has always been my number one cold killer. Gotta get that vitamin C in ya! I'm 99% sure the 2 bottles of orange juice I downed yesterday is what kicked my sore throat in the butt.

HAVE COLD CLOTHS AT THE READY- Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night with your clothes sticking to you and feeling like you've been in an oven all night. I love soaking a cloth in really cold water and just laying it over my head/face.

HAVE A BLANKET HANDY- Remember how hot we just were? Well...now its time for the chills. Don't bother layering on the clothes because your cold to the bone. Just get under a blanket because lets face it, after about 20 minutes you're going to be hot again and reaching for that cloth.

SLEEP. FOR DAYS IF YOU MUST- Having a cold is pretty darn exhausting. If you're feeling like you could fall asleep at any moment, DO IT. You're body is telling you it needs rest. If you need to sleep an entire day away, go for it. Trust me, the only thing you'll be missing is a runny nose.

GET SOME FRESH AIR- When you start feeling a little better head outside. I find you don't feel as sick when you're outside for some reason...

That's all i've got. Of course you can take the regular cold meds if you want. At the moment i'm trying to fight this cold off myself with my sleep and juice remedy. Seems to be going okay.

I just hope i'm better by Sunday so I can attend my niece's birthday! Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

  1. get well soon dear!

    would you like to follow each other on google friend connect and google plus? If you follow me,
    I will follow you back after it.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i'm feeling much better!

      Delete