December 16, 2015

Blogmas Day 16 | My Favorite Childhood Christmas Memory


Christmas when you're a child is so magical. It really sucks that it starts to lose that magic as you get older. Don't get me wrong, its still amazing, but every great memory I can think of about Christmas happened when I was little. Today I thought it would be nice to share one of my favorite memories from childhood...

I was maybe 7 or 8 years old this Christmas. My sister and I used to share a bedroom until I was about 10 so we were in our room, not being able to sleep because we could never fall asleep early on Christmas Eve, and all of a sudden we heard something. I still swear to this day we heard something on the roof. Obviously it wasn't really Santa and his reindeer up there but we did hear something! I remember we were beyond excited and so amazed that we actually "heard Santa".

To make things even better, we thought we heard him downstairs. Like most children we would leave milk and cookies out for Santa (unknowing that our dad was the one who would go down and eat them). So we thought we heard Santa downstairs moving around and then we heard someone like swiping their hands. You know when you're eating something crumbly- like a cookie- and you wipe your hands to get the crumbs off? Well thats what we were hearing. We instantly thought Omg! He's eating the cookies! It was probably the greatest Christmas Eve i've had.

The reason this is my favorite Christmas memory is because this was the Christmas that made me believe more than I ever thought I could. I remember it was this particular night that caused me to believe there was an actual Santa Claus long after I probably should have stopped believing. It didn't matter how many kids told me Santa wasn't real. In my mind I had "proof", I heard him, and that was enough for me. 

Those are the kinds of memories I hope to give my child one day. To let them believe in magic for as long as they possibly can. 

What's your favorite memory about Christmas?

6 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet memory!
    One of my favourite memories is of my sister and I helping my mom with the christmas baking every year. We always play the 'Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Christmas" album because it was the only Christmas CD we had before youtube was big. Now when we bake we still listen to that CD because it's become a tradition!
    Xx

    Amanda | amandagouthro.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet memory great post
    Love reading it
    http://weirdthoughts13.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, such a sweet memory <3 I just wrote my fave Christmas memory http://foreigngeek.com/foreigngeek/christmas-memory

    ReplyDelete