December 22, 2015

Blogmas Day 22 | Work Christmas Party (Haul)

This afternoon we had a little Christmas party at work. We never have typical Christmas parties where you get all dressed up and go out to some fancy restaurant and get food and drinks. No, where I work, we finish our work for the day as quick as possible, rip off our aprons and hair nets and set out all kinds of yummy food and alcohol and just sit, exchange gifts and enjoy each others company. Stinky and full of flour.

I much prefer that over getting all fancied up.

Today was wonderful. Our party started around 2:30 this afternoon when our boss laid out the goods. Cheese and crackers, spinach dip, fruit trays and delicious chicken wings. I was on drink duty seeing as I didn't drink myself and was left to mix rum and egg nog for the rest of the girls. Did I mention i've never made drinks before? To make this story short the girls were grateful for my attempt but I won't be getting my bar tenders licence any time soon!

My boss always picks us up a few gifts every Christmas but this year a couple of co-workers decided they wanted to get everyone gifts as well. I am just so grateful for the people I work with and the lovely presents I received today I thought why not share them in a little haul?



I've received two sets of comfy pjs (i'm currently wearing the black plaid pair!), super cute slippers, various chocolate bits, Kokeshi perfume set (they smell SO good) and last but not least this absolutely beautiful turtle made up of tiny little beads that came all the way from Guatamala!

Like I said I couldn't be more grateful. I work with some truly wonderful ladies. Oh! and the girl who gave me the turtle also got Baby an adorable blanket with an elephant on it!

Do you have work Christmas parties?

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those PJ's are so cute! And the turtle is so adorable! My work didn't have a Christmas party but we did secret santa which was a lot of fun! Haha I got a Barne's&Noble gift card so I was super happy. I hope you have a great Christmas! :)

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were talking about doing a secret santa next year! I think that would be so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Ah those gifts are so cute, the pyjamas look so cosy. We didn't have a Christmas party as such, but we had a presentation evening at the end of November where we could dress up :) this week we have just exchanged presents on our last day of work before Christmas.

    Hollie | hollieshighlights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that sounds nice :) And yes, the pjs are very cozy!

      Delete
  3. loving the pyjamas :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow you got some really great stuff! We had a secret santa Christmas party at work. It was fun. It was my first year so I didn't really know a lot of people, but I had a good time and my secret santa got me a great gift - a really cute blouse and some perfume! I was pleased :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we did secret santa!! I mentioned we should do that next year and everyone agreed so hopefully! That seems so much more fun!

      Delete