December 9, 2015

Blogmas Day 9 | Our Christmas Tree!


There she is. The tree that made me realize I really despise decorating Christmas trees. You might be thinking "why now?", "haven't you decorated Christmas trees in the past?" Why yes I have. What made this year different, however, is that this was my first year having a real tree. Therefore this was my first year attempting to string lights on a tree seeing as all of my other artificial trees came pre-lit.

I'll make a long story short and tell you that after spending a few hours trying to set the lights up myself, I walked away and took a long hot bath. I had to, or else the lights and possibly the entire tree would have been thrown out to the curb.

Luckily Craig came home and saved the day (tree) and I finished decorating it while he went to work. I think it turned out pretty nice. I always envy people whose trees look like they came straight from a magazine. How do you do it!? Oh well, it's done and i'm happy.

I'm going to wrap a few presents now and just relax for the rest of the night.

Did you get your tree decorated yet?

12 comments:

  1. Hahahah
    I'm an artificial tree person myself when it comes to Christmas. xD

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheesePapas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think I just may go back to the artificial after this year!

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten a Christmas tree yet but the one at my church is already up; I'm so excited!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the trees at church are usually so pretty!

      Delete
  3. Your tree is so pretty! My brother set up the tree this year and did most of the decorating... i haven't really been in the mood lately. Maybe I'll buy some new cute ornaments this weekend and put them up though... lol... maybe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Cute ornaments just might put you in the mood to decorate!

      Delete
  4. The tree looks lovely! I bet it smells wonderful too!
    We have an artificial tree that comes with the lights attached, so I can only imagine what a pain it was to string the lights yourself!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you have no idea! haha never again! That'll be Craigs job from now on!

      Delete
  5. It's so pretty, love coloured lights =] I haven't got my main tree up yet.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the colored lights as well :)

      Delete
  6. Oh I think it looks beautiful! You would never know you had such a not-fun time haha. I've always wanted to have a real tree!

    Danielle xo
    www.underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol well im glad you cant tell how not fun it was! real trees just smell so nice!


      Delete