January 6, 2016

Goosebumps The Movie Review!


I absolutely adored Goosebumps when I was a kid. I collected the books and have literally seen every single episode. So when I learned there was a new Goosebumps movie coming out the kid from within was over the moon with excitement. I had pretty high expectations of this movie and I can honestly say they were met. 

I don't want to give any spoilers so i'll just give you a general idea of what the movie is about. New kid Zach moves into a house beside a young girl and her father (who seems extremely controlling). Zach and his friend go into the girls house one night and accidentally unlock a couple of R.L Stines books, which is what the movie is basically about- all of R.L Stine's stories become unlocked and the monsters are now in real life. It's everything I could want from a Goosebumps movie. All of my old favorite characters (monsters) brought back to life in one movie. 

I'm giving this movie a 5/5. Maybe i'm being a little biased towards it because Goosebumps will always hold a special place in my heart but that's what i'm rating it! The story was great, Jack Black was actually an excellent R.L Stine which surprised me a little & Slappy the dummy was just as creepy now as he was back when I was a kid. 

LET ME KNOW IF YOU'VE SEEN THE NEW GOOSEBUMPS MOVIE!

16 comments:

  1. I never used to read the Goosebumps books, but I'm glad this satisfied your nostalgia :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Goosebumps!! I haven't read one of these in about 17 years! Love me a bit of childhood reminiscing - super excited about this making it's way to the UK. IT HAD BETTER MAKE IT HERE!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked, it is! In Feb! Hurrah!

      Delete
    2. Oh I'm so glad! I was so happy when I found out they were making a movie haha

      Delete
    3. ps, I had no idea movies came out at different times between here and the UK!

      Delete
  3. oh wow i had no idea that there was even a movie! used to read these books as a kid too!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you loved the books you definitely need to see the movie!!

      Delete
  4. Great review!Didn't know there was a movie!!I will have to watch it!xx

    beautybyfiora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, I'm so excited to go see this film! It isn't out in the UK until later this month or February, I think, but I've been itching to watch it since I saw it advertised early last year. I'm so happy to hear it met your expectations - it gives me confidence that I'll enjoy it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you loved Goosebumps as a kid, im sure you'll love it! :)

      Delete
  6. I read and really enjoyed the books, but do you think if I take someone along who hasn't read them yet, they will enjoy it just as much? And if this person is a bit on the easily scared side will they still like it? I assume it is a kids movie but will it still make people jump?
    Love,
    Jenny
    Jenny Side Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would enjoy it just as much! And no! Its not scary at all lol Definitely kid friendly.

      Delete