February 12, 2016

BODIPURE Keratin Gloves | Review

Last week I posted about my January Beauty Box 5 and said that I had lost two products from the box- the keratin gloves and a nail polish. Wouldn't you know it, I found the two things stuck between the cushion of my chair! Yay me. Today I wanted to give my hands some lovin' so I thought this would be the perfect time to test out the keratin gloves.


So what these gloves claim to do is strengthen the nails and nourish the skin while also softening the cuticles and preparing your nails for polish application. An all-in-one hand treatment.


This is what they look like. The first thing you notice is the smell. Its not bad exactly. Its just really strong and definitely smells like a 'treatment' if you know what I mean. To give you a better idea, to me it smells almost EXACTLY like the little conditioner treatment you get with a home hair dying kit. Kind of strange but not too bad.

The directions tell you to put the gloves on and massage the nails and hands thoroughly. It also tells you to leave the gloves on for a while.

Well, I left them on for about 10 minutes and needed to take them off. My hands started burning. At first I thought well, it can't be doing anything too bad so I left it alone but as the burning persisted I slid part of the glove off one hand and noticed I was getting a rash. Off the gloves went! I immediately went to the bathroom and washed my hands. Soon after the palms of my hands started burning and this stayed for about an hour.

Now I do have sensitive skin but I don't think that's supposed to happen!

I have to give this product a rating of 0 out of 5. They were of absolute no benefit to me and left me rashy and burning.

You can try these out for yourself if you like, but if you have sensitive skin I suggest staying away from this product!

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED KERATIN GLOVES BEFORE?

No comments:

Post a Comment