March 26, 2016

Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation Review





























I have been wanting to try this foundation forever now and I finally went out and picked it up last week! Before buying I watched a ton of youtube reviews on it and all but one gave this foundation fantastic reviews. Read on for my own personal review!

PACKAGING

Love it. I used to use a Maybelline foundation all throughout high school. It was in a blue tube with a grey cap and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Anyway, I loved that it came in a tube and I was so happy that this foundation came in a tube also. I really like how sleek and compact it is.

PRODUCT

I think there are about 12 or so different shades to choose from. Around here anyway. I think the UK may only have about 6? (correct me if i'm wrong!) So that kind of sucks. I believe the one I chose is the lightest shade - 05 Warm Porcelain. I went with this one because most of the reviews I watched seemed like the shades were quite dark. The consistency is pretty thick feeling but lightweight when applied to your face. Its a mousse foundation similar to the Dream Matte Mousse. It claims to be a 'soft matte hydrating foundation'. It definitely feels cool on your face but not greasy at all.

COVERAGE

A lot of the videos I watched claimed that this was a full coverage foundation while the package actually said medium coverage. I totally agree with the package though, its definitely not full coverage. I was a little worried about using a matte foundation because I do have dry patches on my face. I will admit that it does cling to some dry patches but it looks alright when using a primer first. Its definitely not as bad as other matte foundations i've tried in the past.

Applied with a Real Techniques stippling brush and no concealer added





























I was extremely impressed with the color match to be honest. I think its near perfect to my actual skin color. It does what I tend to look for in a foundation- even out my skin tone. It does not cover blemishes all that well though. Another thing is that it doesn't really last that long. It may stay looking decent for about 3 hours? Not really long at all.

FINAL RATING

I rate this foundation 6 out of 10. Its really not a bad foundation and I've heard it works a lot better for combination skin. I think it gives decent coverage for the time that it lasts but like I said it isn't really all that long lasting. I'll definitely be happy using up the rest of the tube but I can't say i'll re-purchase this.

HAVE YOU TRIED MAYBELLINE'S DREAM VELVET FOUNDATION? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT!

18 comments:

  1. Shame you only gave it 6 - it looks lovely on! :) x

    http://www.itsjessiejane.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the color match but it just doesn't last very long to me!

      Delete
  2. Oooh I want to try this foundation :)

    trulyfionaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it!

      Delete
  3. Shame it doesn't last too long, but the color match is on point! Hope you're having a fab weekend!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was surprised at how close the color was to be honest! Hope your weekend is going well!

      Delete
  4. I've been eyeing this up since it came out, but with it just getting over Winter my skin is in a worse for wear state, so I wasn't sure about trying another mousse product. But I think I'll definitely give it a go. The coverage looks perfect!

    Laura x | http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its not too bad! Let me know how you like it if you try it out!

      Delete
  5. I've seen a lot of people try this foundation out, and it seems interesting! I totally understand about the matte consistency; I have pretty dry skin so I think I would have an issue with it sticking to them! The results are really great though, and your skin looks great - before and after! :)

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kendra! Its definitely a strange foundation! It doesn't look greasy at all but it feels cool on your face!

      Delete
  6. The colour match is great, I can't say I've seen this in the shops before (not that I tend to look at maybelline since leaving high school haha)!



    We are Dannah - Australian lifestyle blog xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean! Maybelline used to be my go-to when I was in high school!

      Delete
  7. It is so hard to find the perfect foundation! I recently started using tarte and it hasn't disappointed yet!

    http://www.ashtonblog.com
    https://www.instagram.com/ashley_crompton/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've been dying to try tarte! I can't find any around here!

      Delete
  8. I tried dream velvet in the little pot ages ago and I'll admit it put me off going near dream velvet again! It's a shame it's not long lasting as I feel like this is the quality we all want in a foundation!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really is a shame! Like I said it isn't too terrible but I don't think I'd ever re-purchase!

      Delete
  9. I'm actually loving Maybelline's dream velvet foundation. I thought you have all 12 shades in the UK. We only have 5 in Spain (I'm from Spain) and I got the lightest shade but it's still not quite my skin tone. I totally agree with you when you say it's definitely medium coverage. I'm surprised yours doesn't stay on for too long...

    Be | lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have all 12 shades here in Canada but im pretty sure I read a review recently where they said they only had 6 in the UK. I could be wrong! I have no idea, maybe my face sweats more? haha And I've also been using a primer underneath as well so who knows?

      Delete