March 9, 2016

My Thoughts On Fuller House
























When I first heard about Fuller House being made and released on Netflix, I was beyond excited. Growing up watching the original Full House I just couldn't wait to see what this new show would bring. Unfortunately, I just don't like Fuller House.

I'm actually quite disappointed that I don't like it. I want to like it. Everyone else seems to like it. But I just don't.

There are a couple of reasons the show just doesn't cut it for me:

one- Its all so unoriginal. I mean what are the chances the kids are going to grow up and pretty much end up in the exact same position their father was left in. *SPOILER in case you haven't seen it yet* Danny lost his wife in Full House and was left to raise 3 daughters. In Fuller House, DJ loses her husband and is left to raise her 3 sons. Danny's brother in law Jesse comes to help with the kids. DJ's sister Stephanie comes to help with the kids. Danny's goofy best friend also comes to help. This is where Kimmy comes in for DJ. I would have liked if they came up with a new storyline and just told their stories as adults. Why does it have to be the exact same?

two- I'm pretty sure everyone has forgotten how to act. Seriously. Full House was awesome. They were all great actors. It just seemed to come naturally to them. But in Fuller House everything just seems so "acted" you know what I mean? Like maybe they're trying too hard? Who knows.

I've only made it to episode 5. I know some people who have watched all 13 episodes in a day and have loved it but I just can't get into it. I find myself constantly thinking throughout the episode "is it almost over yet". Oh well, I gave it a try. I wanted to like it. It just wasn't happening for me.

HAVE YOU SEEN FULLER HOUSE YET? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT.

18 comments:

  1. I get the same feeling about the acting, but I think that exaggerated feel is what they're going for. They're trying to target new audiences (younger generations) which is why I also think they kept the storyline similar to the classic episodes. They wouldn't find it as interesting if it were like back then. Unfortunately, that means dumbing it down a bit. :/
    Some parts are funny, and some just make me downright uncomfortable with the obvious acting.

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're probably right! Its too bad, I was so looking forward to this show! haha

      Delete
  2. I've heard of fuller house but I still haven't seen it. I absolutely love full house and watched it SO much back when I was still in school, they aired it in the early morning so I would watch it while eating breakfast. That's kinda lame that it's the same storyline as the original, but like the blogger above said they probably want to target new audiences so it makes sense to keep a similar format. I can't believe how beautiful DJ looks now as a grown woman. Steph too! Everyone looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty lame but you guys are probably right! I mean, everyone loved the show back then and its storyline so why not try it again? haha & yes I agree, everyone looks great!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen Full House or Fuller House as I wasn't born when it was being aired but I would love to watch it some time. It sounds annoying that they used a similar plot for the sequel (if you could call it that) as for the original.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have Netflix I highly recommend watching the original Full House! It should be on there:)

      Delete
  4. Loving your blog <3
    Would you like to follow each other on gfc & fb? If you follow,let me know, i will follow back =))

    http://beautorgeousworld.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/BeautorgeousWorld/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't deny that the show is unoriginal and an exact replica of Full House, but I think that's just the nostalgia factor. They're playing and catering to the Full House audience and that whole plot - as well as the inclusion of some of the characters - was such a fan service. And I agree wholeheartedly about the acting... I actually said the same thing to my friend while we were watching! It was all just so forced, at least from the original cast. DJ's youngest son was ADORABLE! He won me over.

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it probably was about the nostalgia factor. That would make sense seeing as the make a TON of references to the old show!

      Delete
  6. haha so funny, I havent seen this yet. Ill have to check it out!
    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel exactly the same!!! I watched Full House almost every day as a kid, but Fuller House is just a big disappointment compared to that. There's also been a lot of controversy between the Fuller House script making fun of Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen (just because they wouldn't be on the show) which, honestly, I now understand why they didn't want to be! Great post x

    whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was thinking the same! No wonder they didn't want to be apart of it haha

      Delete
  8. I have to admit I've not actually watched this, however I completely understand when you say everything seemed too 'acted' - countless shows seem to intentionally go for that exaggerated style of acting and I've no idea why as very few people seem to enjoy it haha! Have a lovely week ahead Renee :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Its so confusing because they actually used to be really good actors! Thanks Gabrielle! Hope you have a lovely week as well :)

      Delete
  9. I feel the same way, I am still trying to like it though, oh the acting is terrible, especially Kimmie's acting.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Avon First Look: Urban Safari Jumpsuit
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its DJs voice I can't handle! haha

      Delete