March 6, 2016

Oh Happy Days #6

That's right, i'm bringing back the Happy Days series!! Its been way too long (July to be exact) since I posted an Oh Happy Days post. Just to refresh your memories this is a series where I post on Sunday recounting whatever has made me happy the previous week- Sunday to Saturday- I'll usually throw in a 'happy photo of the week', 'happy quote of the week' and then a shoutout to a blog of the week! On with the happiness!


 HEARING THE BIRDS CHIRP IN THE MORNING- A sure sign that Spring is on its way!! Although yesterday we ended up getting a ton of snow :/ poor birds.

♥ GETTING A GRAPH OF OUR BABY'S HEARTBEAT- I haven't mentioned this before but the hospital is giving us quite a hard time with getting ultrasound pictures of our baby. Everyone in the entire world seems to be able to get one but for some reason we can't. BUT! that's okay! We were super delighted when I went for my RH shots the other day when the lady asked if we wanted to hear the baby's heartbeat to pass time and then she so graciously printed out a picture of the heartbeat :)

♥ BUYING THE STROLLER WE WANTED FOR $150 OFF- Okay well it wasn't the EXACT one we wanted but its basically the same only a different color! We knew we wanted to get a stroller/car seat combo with the stroller being extremely durable with larger wheels for going for walks. They were a little on the expensive side but hey, why not get the one you want? Fortunately for us Babies R Us is holding a huge baby fest sale and we got the one we wanted for $150 off! 

♥ ALREADY STOCKING UP (AND MUNCHING OUT ON) EASTER CHOCOLATE- Mini eggs galore, bars with rice krispys, did I mention the cookie dough filled chocolate rabbits?

♥ JERSEY SHORE- I knowww, what the heck? haha I've recently started re-watching all of the Jersey Shore episodes and I don't know what it is about those tan, fist pumping people but i'm just addicted to the show! 

♥ I FINALLY BOUGHT A DUFFEL BAG- I haven't owned a proper travelling bag in ages and it came to the point where I was either trying to stuff my clothes into Craig's bag or just using plastic bags...don't judge. All is good now though and I can carry my belongings in style.

♥ DOING WELL ON OUR TAX RETURN- I was so nervous going to our tax appointment yesterday. I thought for sure we were going to have to pay in. To my surprise we ended up actually getting some money back and now a small trip we had planned for Easter weekend is definitely a go! 

Our little baby's heartbeat  The nurse said it was strong and healthy




This week's Blog of the Week goes to Jessica from pyreflies.org. I just love her blog! She blogs about her life, her new hobbies and interests and if you ever need good recommendations of what shows to watch next you can totally count on her to deliver! Check out her blog if you haven't already! 

So that wraps up this weeks 'Oh Happy Days'! Just to remind you all my giveaway is still going. But only for another 12 HOURS! So if you want a chance to win some pretty awesome Live Clean products click here to enter the giveaway!!


22 comments:

  1. Aw thats such a cute graph! Awesome. I've been cracking into the easter chcoolate too - just too good!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I cant stop! haha

      Delete
  2. Oh my god I love Jersey Shore - have you ever watched the UK version, Geordie Shore? Definitely recommend checking it out if not ;)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I havent seen it but I have seen it on MTV. I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  3. I wish I was pregnant, that must be such a beautiful moment seeing and hearing your babies heartbeat :) I have never watched Jersey Shore but I'll be honest it does not appeal to me in the slightest.

    Meme xx

    New post:
    'What Big Eye's You Have//Firmoo Eyewear Giveaway*
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty amazing hearing that little heartbeat :)

      Delete
  4. Nice read. Check out my Afro Curls tutorial on my blog and insta!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great week Renee! Yay for getting the graph of the heartbeat and getting the stroller at a discounted price :) And even more yay for tax returns and getting to go away at Easter! Oh and I've totally been stocking up on Easter chocolate already.

    Hollie | hollieshighlights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally was a great week! :) Ugh I NEED to stay away from the chocolate haha its too much!!

      Delete
  6. I love this post! So exciting about your baby's heartbeat!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is too cute! I think your blog is lovely, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good travel bag is such a satisfying purchase. My partner and I got some last year before our big trip to The States and it made all the difference. Now I just want to go on trips to use them more haha!

    I LOVE Jessica's blog, it been one of my favourites for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh was it ever! I cant wait to go somewhere with it now haha
      & yes, I just love her blog :)

      Delete
  9. I like your post! So happy with your baby's strong and healthy heartbeat :D

    http://trulyfionaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee I am LOVING the blog make over- it looks amazing!
    So happ that you've got a print out of babes heartbeat, I hope they give you a photo soon!


    we are dannah | australian lifestyle blog

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! :) I hope so too but it isn't looking like we'll be getting one at all :\

      Delete